digital music vs cd's??

I use spotify. Pay rougly 10.00 a month for it and can get just about anything i want.

I've noticed tho, some songs I used to bump back in the day just don't sound the same.

Could that be because then I listened to cd's?

Is their that much of a difference in the sound between the two.

Also, my spotify is set for the highest quality. Listening through a Pioneer x8600 headunit through a bluetooth connection from my HTC One

CD's have un-compress audio files, digital downloads are compressed.

Edit: basically a CD carries more information.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Could be a bunch of things. Could be the install before played certain notes better before. Even the quality of the song in the past is better than the one now. There are some songs that on pandora have great sound quality, but you can't find one on youtube with equal sound quality. And even vice versa with other songs.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

320kbps is as good a mp3 you would get that would be more on par to cd quality, BUT you can definitely hear a difference in loseless files compared to mp3s which are compressed as TRON mentioned...

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

don't be so bloody ruff.... lol. nah honestly tho I have worn out a few cd's, I usually just go and buy a new copy. Has anyone else noticed that the pre2000 cd's seems to be a better quality recording than the newer stuff? metallica black cd (gold) is so awesome...... went and got a new copy of that sounds crapola copared to the old scratched version I've had for years

cd's all the way

Until they get scratched and start skipping.

Thats why you ALWAYS burn a copy for the car and the origanal CD stays home.

As everyone else already covered the differences in quality between using a CD or your phone/ipod/flash. But side note, to me the pure hell it saves using my phone and bluetooth to stream in my car VS digging out CD after CD (Because even burning MP3 CD's won't make any difference) is worth that little bit of quality loss.

A CD is a form of digital media, but that's just my 2:30am self just being a tired asshole and wanting an extra post count.

Archived