Sundown Audio

hifonics brutus cea2006 certified

mcfalcon

Pleas use the search button on HiFonics. There are tons of threads on these amps.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

CEA don't mean shit. Hifonics don't do rated and are vary inefficient.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Well first of all, its gonna take 100 amps just to make 680watts at 1 ohm. 200 amps to make 1360watts. 250amps to make 1700rms @ .001 THD or 2400 @ .010 THD . 68% efficiency. Basically that amp will draw a retarded mount of power to make a little bit of power. Second of all, all CEA means is it actually puts out 2400RMS. Here's the problem, CEA ratings can be rated at .01 or .001 THD. Example, one of my amps will do 4300rms at 1ohm(this is true rated power) it also does 6000rms at 1ohm .010% THD. Notice the real rating is at .001THD. Hifonics CEA rates by .010THD. Basically a step away from full clipping

Well first of all, its gonna take 100 amps just to make 680watts at 1 ohm. 200 amps to make 1360watts. 250amps to make 1700rms @ .001 THD or 2400 @ .010 THD . 68% efficiency. Basically that amp will draw a retarded mount of power to make a little bit of power. Second of all, all CEA means is it actually puts out 2400RMS. Here's the problem, CEA ratings can be rated at .01 or .001 THD. Example, one of my amps will do 4300rms at 1ohm(this is true rated power) it also does 6000rms at 1ohm .010% THD. Notice the real rating is at .001THD. Hifonics CEA rates by .010THD. Basically a step away from full clipping

Pretty much what all Hifonics threads sound like

End Thread

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Wondered how long this thread would last....

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

CEA 2006 is a lot of marketing now days it seems!

While amps that are cea2006 compliant should do rated power, understanding what is being tested is KEY!

So....

To be CEA 2006 compliant, you hand cea some money to use their logos....

CEA does not actually test your line of amplifiers, or every amplifier.

I believe amps can be sent in but it doesnt always happen, let alone is every amp produced by any company CEA tested.

The amps that are sent in are tested on the Power Cube iirc, but like I said above not every single amp is sent in...

A lot of this comes down to the honesty of the company making the amplifier.

CEA 2006 testing results are as follows, and the amp must "pass" doing so at 14.4 volts at a 4ohm rating at less than 1% THD.

This means sure your amp may do rated power at 4 ohms at 14.4 volts, but will it do rated power at 1 or 2 ohms? Who knows, the only rating that maters is 4 ohm.

If I remember correctly and cant seem to find the info at this moment I believe CEA2006 certification is also done at 1000hz for mid/high amps and 60hz for bass amps.

These frequancies tend to be a little bit more effiecent on the amplifiers and normally in a daily musical system will you ever be playing 60hz through your substage (but again depends on music genre, burp vehicles, etc).
Ive seen a few amps now fail 4ohm ratings on the Amp Dyno but did way more at 1ohm than rated power and vice versa.

Next thing to add is even vehicles with a heavily modified electrical system including high output 300+ amp alternators, multiple runs of quality 1/0 gauge ofc wire, and huge batter banks rarely see 14.4 volts (except on a cold start).

Once the engine and alternator are hot, your most likely to see 13.8volts before demanding current to power a big stereo and get voltage drop. So right off the bat your not going to meet CEA testing regulations in a vehicle so chances for that cea claimed power are minimal at best.

http://www.cea2006.com/howtomeasure.htm

http://www.ce.org/Standards/Product-Marks/Amplifier-Power-for-Mobile-Electronics,-CEA-2006-A.aspx

Archived