Sonic Electronix

Active set up db level you guys use for gains?

Set everything flat,RTA disabled,do not touch EQ untill everything is set. check your mid and tweeters sensitivity,set mid to -0db 1khz,set sub to -0db 40/60hz, here's the tricky part. You see your tweeters sensitivity?

You are gonna have to tune those by -5db or possibly -10db 4/6/8khz. If you use a -0db track they will be stupid loud. Trust me,been there don't that many times.

*got the mid and tweet level backwards lol sorry. But hope you see what I'm saying.

I'm sorry but i still set My comps by ear. i actually had to. i have the ct 60.4 and type r comps for my front stage and 6 kicker tweets for rear fill. i set with a dd1 @ 0db. it was so painfully loud i had no choice but to go and turn the gain wayyyyyy down. i ended up turning Down a Lil to much and had to bump it up a lil.

granted the dd1 let me know where my danger zone was.(clipping)

but my sub stage is set with it at -5 and have no issues.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Full pass through, no filters on anything. EQ flat.

Set tweeters channels on -0db at 1khz set mids at -5db on 1khz. (All speakers unplugged) then turn down the volume on your headunit and set your filters using the headunit settings or a cc1. Then slowly roll up the volume on the headunit paying extra attention to the tweeters, when they start to get too loud.... Go touch the gain for them a little lower. Repeat until you get to the max undistorted volume where you set all your gains.

Your mids will be getting full power. Your tweeters should be safe and sound good. Done deal

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Stang. I have 80prs also and I used the mid and set the highpass to all pass or straight line and set the amp using that rca. Then switched back to the high rca and kept settings same on amp. Is that how you did yours?

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

Why not use a 5kHz tone, or anything within your tweeter's bandwidth after crossovers are applied? What I've always done.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived