Sonic Electronix

Active set up db level you guys use for gains?

Stang. I have 80prs also and I used the mid and set the highpass to all pass or straight line and set the amp using that rca. Then switched back to the high rca and kept settings same on amp. Is that how you did yours?

Same thing I did

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Stang. I have 80prs also and I used the mid and set the highpass to all pass or straight line and set the amp using that rca. Then switched back to the high rca and kept settings same on amp. Is that how you did yours?

Yep, thats how I did it, too.

Took me a while to realize why the dd1 wasn't reading the 1khz signal LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Thats good to know for setting the tweeter gain with my 80prs.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ill admit, i didnt use anything but my ears for my mids and tweets.

I also have different attenuation from my mids and tweets... The nendo tweets are harsh imho, so i knocked em down a few levels.

I am more worried about my drivers staying in the clean... :shrug:

Its really not hard to hear a mid bottoming out, or taking WAY to much power..... subs are a lil more deceptive imho.

Ill admit, i didnt use anything but my ears for my mids and tweets.

I also have different attenuation from my mids and tweets... The nendo tweets are harsh imho, so i knocked em down a few levels.

I am more worried about my drivers staying in the clean... :shrug:

Its really not hard to hear a mid bottoming out, or taking WAY to much power..... subs are a lil more deceptive imho.

Depends on the driver. My Anarchy's don't really give any indication of being overdriven, until you smell the coil (yeah, I've smelled the coil once or twice on my mids. Oops. Levi's got some ass behind it. They're still chuggin.) But that's the nature of underhung/XBL^2 drivers. They'll never bottom out just by design. But most drivers, yep, you're right.

But I'm with you, I never used anything to set levels on mids/highs. I did check my HU, but that's it. I have much more power than I could need for my fronts, so I will never have to worry about clipping the amp. It's completely unnecessary to check with an oscope IMO when we only have the amp to adjust, and a DD-1 is worthless in this situation.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

ya..

i didnt even try the dd1 or my fluke scope on my mids/tweets amp.

and to be honest? they sound fucking great, and its the ONE thing in my build im FULLY content with.. LOL

and not a issue one... not at all.

I prefer -0db for mids and tweets. Its a personal preference though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived