Admit your jankiest/most ghetto ass audio adventures...

We all love to see the fails and bash them, but we all started somewhere.

In my first car I took an old loose paper surround woofer that came out of a home audio speaker cabinet and siliconed into an ice cream bucket. I ran it off the left channel of my sparkomatic tape player. At some point I cut a hole in the bottom of the bucket (port ftw, lol) and at another I "treated" the paper surround with rubber cement for more power handling!

My loudest home audio system was one of my first. It had a two KLH 12" sealed home audio three ways. I also had an alpine 12" subwoofer in a sealed box. I wired the two KLH 12"s in parallel (two 8 ohm speakers down to 4) and then ran them both in series to the 4 ohm alpine for a final load of 8 ohm to be ran off the woofer output of the passive crossover in the left KLH cabinet. I also had two rockford fosgate 15"s in huge ported boxes (4 cubes), both 4 ohm wired in series for a final load of 8 ohm to be ran off the woofer output of the passive crossover of the right cabinet. This was all powered by a 100w x 2 pioneer receiver with SUPER BASS!

It god damned pounded. Three sealed 12"s and two ported 15"s. It was like being in the club in my room. I had room tap outs. No one ever complained of cancellation from different drivers/cabinets, lol.

Tell us your stories!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With my first system, i had an old alpine 2 channel that i didnt have the power molex for, so i soldered 12 awg pwr/gnd to the inside of the amp and used deans r/c connectors to hook to the 4 awg pwr/gnd's lol one pair for power and one for ground

More recently, I was growing impatient waiting for my subs to come in. And since i had already built my 2 12 box i threw a cheap $40 dvc 4 ohm pioneer in along with my partially blown C2 threatcon-2 which had one 2 ohm coil left. and i gotta say it pounded pretty f'n good for ghetto mis-matched hitting at different time subs lol not ashamed though, i went into it knowing better.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

I was in a hurry to get something in my car for a show. Did four runs of o gauge through the passenger door with no fuses. Pulled them two days after show and two had already worn through the skin. Lucky It didn't go up.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I always used to install for one of my buddies when he would get stuff. I learned with him as I didn't have a vehicle at the time. His first set up was two Sony Mega-Bass home two way subwoofers on a Hifonics Pluto bridged. The kid didn't want me to drill holes anywhere or remove factory panels, so we just duct taped the wires to all the panels. It was funny as shit. For a while I always had the oopsies of drilling holes and never finding them under the vehicle afterwards and having to just put plugs in them.

Very first system I was in the middle of the install and had forgot to get a distribution block so I had had to go to the store to get one, well I had everything else ready to go and was tired of waiting to have some bump in my ride so I twisted the 4 Guage and 1/0 together and electrical taped it so I could bump on the way to the store. Hindsight though was a dumb idea it was a fire waiting to happen even for the short time it was like that should have just waited the extra 30 minutes.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

"Ghetto" is top

vm_zps99394328.png

amps2_zpse7a1c9a2.png

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived