Sundown Audio

Riddle me this

Ninja_v1.0

what would be louder?

i dont understand your question as stated before both amps will be putting out the exact same power.. this is a matter of efficiency not which one will put out more power to make you louder.. as stated also running 2 amps at a higher ohm load will more than likely sound cleaner and be easier on the electrical than running a single amp at a lower ohm load getting the same rated power.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Wouldn't strapping two (bringing you up to 2 ohms) be similar to running the two amps separately at 2 ohms regarding efficiency and strain on electrical?

And if you were to strap two amps, wouldn't strapping two smaller amps running at 2 ohms be more efficient and less strain on electrical than one big amp producing the same amount of power running at 1 ohm?

Just trying to get some clarification on this since I'm currently trying to decide between these two applications.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

what would be louder?

i dont understand your question as stated before both amps will be putting out the exact same power.. this is a matter of efficiency not which one will put out more power to make you louder.. as stated also running 2 amps at a higher ohm load will more than likely sound cleaner and be easier on the electrical than running a single amp at a lower ohm load getting the same rated power.

impedance rise makes a difference

its not the same 4k at 1 ohm and 4k at 2 ohms. i've seen where the lower you wire the less rise you get. example: 1 ohm rises to 4.8 ohms. 2 ohms rises to 8.7 ohms.

my question was more about seeing if anyone has done test on this and if it has any effect on the numbers. if you're going for SQ then numbers dont matter

what would be louder?

its not the same 4k at 1 ohm and 4k at 2 ohms. i've seen where the lower you wire the less rise you get. example: 1 ohm rises to 4.8 ohms. 2 ohms rises to 8.7 ohms.

my question was more about seeing if anyone has done test on this and if it has any effect on the numbers. if you're going for SQ then numbers dont matter

Good point.

Interesting thread.

Curious if/when you do the testing if you could test voltage drop both ways to see if each scenario has different voltage drop?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

what would be louder?

of course we all know impedance rise makes a difference.. were talking generally.. If we are getting down to that specific then we could just keep swapping out the coils on the subs until we achieve as close to the final loaded that we need at the amp.. each box and setup is going to be different but again we were looking at same power.. if you did what you needed to do to get your setup to put out the power you needed at 2 ohms vs 1 ohm which would be easier on the electrical.. if were getting that detailed then we also need to make sure that when we say 2 ohm that we are talking non fi coils on the subs as we know their 2 ohm subs are actually 1.4 and their 1 ohm subs are actually .7.

power vs power at the ohm load is what were talking..

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

what would be louder?

Good point.

Interesting thread.

Curious if/when you do the testing if you could test voltage drop both ways to see if each scenario has different voltage drop?

i know someone that might be able to do some testing but it wont be until next year sometime... once its done i will still update the thread with the information

Archived