Was Kicker a good brand at one point?

overpriced just means Dealer Protected. the forum guys say that about all the stuff they can't afford. they say that about Diamond Audio, MTX, Rockford Fosgate, etc.... Just look at how the this forum were such nut huggers on RF when Steve was still building his Tahoe. now RF is dealer protected so the forum now says their overpriced. strange how Sundown and DC just as expensive as MTX, RF, etc.. but yet they aren't overpriced?

Not everybody says it's overpriced but it's true that a lot do. Usually they are just looking at retail prices and if they would take the Time to walk into a dealer they would find you almost never pay that price. sundown, and DC are cheap compared to Rockford on a $ to watts ratio DC 2k $600, sundown 2k $540, Rockford 2500 retail $1600 but you can get them for around $1000.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

overpriced just means Dealer Protected. the forum guys say that about all the stuff they can't afford. they say that about Diamond Audio, MTX, Rockford Fosgate, etc.... Just look at how the this forum were such nut huggers on RF when Steve was still building his Tahoe. now RF is dealer protected so the forum now says their overpriced. strange how Sundown and DC just as expensive as MTX, RF, etc.. but yet they aren't overpriced?

you really dont have an idea.. stop posting.

when we say over priced it dont mean we cant afford it.. i got amps that are worth more than some entire builds so nice try.. we can afford it but when you get a 2.5k amp for $1599 you can get a 5k from DC or Sundown you can even get a 7k for that price.

the brands you posted are cheap dollar per watt.. overpriced means that when you buy a kicker l715 for $320 you can buy a better sub that can take double the power for the same price or cheaper.

I think a good number of people who use "retail" brand gear don't understand expectations nor do they have the gear in the right setup. It's pretty easy to say something sucks when in the wrong application.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I got hdc315's and will tell you flat out that kicker is overpriced. Not bad just overpriced. I can find a better brand in any of the kicker subs price range. With that said I have the 4 inch dash speakers by kicker. I suggest you learn some shit before you talk some shit.

I have 2 cvr 12s in a ported box in my corolla. Pushing them(I mean not pushing them) is a kicker 750.1. Cheap amp kit that is better suited for speaker wire. Prefab box and port from store. No upgrades whatsoever. The CVR is rated for 1000 apiece. I figure I may be giving 175 possibly 200 to them and they have still rattled the car apart. Im not talking windshield flex but everything rattles now. Im not saying they are badass but I have recently learned that for the $2500 that I have into that I could have done a whole lot better.

Edit: So what I am saying is they are not junk compared to what is out there. But for the same price you can do a hell of a lot better.

Still learning but have started gathering.

i have 2 of the kicker zx series 4ch running my mids and highs and im not overly impressed but it does what you expect and nothing more, overall i would much rather have some sundown 4ch to match my saz 3500 d

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch