love the customer service here! super top notch

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the update?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

had one guy rip me a new one over his DD-1 not working properly and that we "should be more professional while manufacturing our tools".........but when he sent it back it had the most cheapest chinese 9v you have ever seen in it. Looked like it came right out of his remote control on his TV. And the FREE 9v that comes with it at that. Couldn't even pronounce the brand. I put a new Duracel in it and BAM it was perfect. Sometimes if you just read the book and follow the instructions it can solve a lot of problems.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

i more than any one hope and wished it was user error on the first one. that's why i was asking, as seen in the first post

I just got my AMM1 in this morning. tried it out and it doesn't read Live power or Dyno power when selected, consistently. it'll read it just not every time. I have to turn the unit off than on several times before it registers any numbers. next thing I noticed is that on the back of the device I don't have a sticker with a serial number.

What to do?

hoping that it was user error and Tony could chime in and say something along the lines of "make sure you are doing steps ABC" and "about the serial number, if you can send me a pic of the front and back without the serial I can send you one". yet no one chimed in from D'Amore or SMD camps and no one in the community said "maybe you should shoot a message to D'Amore no matter what dealer you got it from".
As for the battery being used, it's from a pack of Duracell 9V that I have at the shop for the other SMD tools that I use. I put my DMM to the battery and it reads 9.2V. I'll be going to the store to get some Energizer batteries to see see if my AMM1 is being picky about the brand.
Steve, I'm never said that no one on your side of things or Tony's side "don't care" or "don't give a shit". I said that "I am now doubting" b/c of the fact that I now have a second unit, of what would be considered your flagship handheld tool, with an issue and no one on the SMD forum has offered any input of what I can do to resolve the issue(s) that I was having. I've dealt with you in the past as well as Tony, all the communication has been here on the forum either on a thread or PM. In the past I have received communication via a response in the thread or a PM about the thread in regard to an issue especially about an SMD tool. It's not like this thread just popped up this morning and I started a rant just 20 minutes later about no getting advise or help. this thread has been up for going on 2 weeks now and no one offered anything until guys started acting like I called their wife a whore b/c I commented about how I felt about the whole situation.
As for the dealer. If Sonic Electronics is an authorized dealer and the solution is that the unit needs to go to D'Amore than there needs to be communication about that to Sonic. Sonic has been par for the course. When the first unit had issues, they sent me a pre-paid return shipping label. They put the only AMM1 they had in stock on hold for me, once they received my first unit they sent out the replacement. Now there's an issue with this one they are offering another pre-paid shipping label and for me to wait till it becomes an in stock item again. when there's an issue with a product, the solution is not always to send it back and swap it out. Sonic also specifically said that all warranty issues need to go through them not D'Amore. That's why I even started a thread as I was asking for advice/help for what was going on.
everything in this thread could have easily been avoided if the forum members would try to be more helpful when someone is asking for help nicely. As opposed to what they did in offering no help at all, than me write about the situation i was having and how i was feeling about it. Only to have those forum member point the finger at me and say it's all my fault and that SMD and D'Amore are infallible. Amazing how I asked for help nicely and no one replies at all, than the I post about the negative experience I am having than the thread goes HOT from people trying to stand up for said brand and than start attacking me for what's going on. Than the thread gets the attention of both Steve and Tony.
Tomorrow morning I'll be doing as Tony has directed with trying a "better" battery than the Duracell that is being used. I hope by all means that an Energizer brand battery gets the device to work so I don't have to send it in again. let's just say it does the trick, what do I do about the fact it still doesn't have a serial number? Maybe there should be an AMM1 topics section.
Thanks to Cleansierra, Steve, and Tony for chiming in an offering some sort of direction for a solution.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

When I first saw this thread I saw that it was being replaced by the dealer purchased from. Thought good its being fixed no input needed.

Then I see its updated look at it to see that you are talking about the product and customer service as shit. Noticed you didn't try to contact damore but still gave a bad review of them. If i owned a company and saw saw such a bad review without the customer trying to contact me I would still help fix it and charge you shipping for all of it. If you came to me first I would cover shipping 100% and talk with the dealer about the issue so it wont happen agian.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

you do realize that your thread title is a bit ambiguous right? if you had put in there issues with amm1 need tech help you might have had a better experience. since I dont have an amm1 incant answer questiond so I don't read it. steve and tony dont read every post. they rely on the staff tk alert them to issues. if we dont know there is an issue we cant pass it on and if we dont read a thread because the thread title is vague we csnt help. now I hope you get this sorted out but just somethibg to keep in mind.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.