Engine swap fwd v6 to a v8

You say money is no issue why not buy a v8 vehicle already? Half the battle is done already. Buy a tahoe or suburban.. at least at that point mods are readily available, and you dont gotta worry about underhood space, dont stuff a v8 into a crappy equinox. I could see if it was a better vehicle..

Northstar motors are junk. Use to see them leaking oil, and falling apart burning oil, etc.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

You say money is no issue why not buy a v8 vehicle already? Half the battle is done already. Buy a tahoe or suburban.. at least at that point mods are readily available, and you dont gotta worry about underhood space, dont stuff a v8 into a crappy equinox. I could see if it was a better vehicle..

Northstar motors are junk. Use to see them leaking oil, and falling apart burning oil, etc.

money is a problem he just doesn't realize it yet.

I also agree about the Northstar being junk.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'd try to turbo the V6 before I swapped it to an engine the Equinox never came with.

And yes, Northstars are trouble.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I think you guys are missing the point but the guys from worriordiesel has already helped thanks for all of the opinions though.. ...by the way the reason i don't want to buy a Tahoe is because the Impala I have was hit in the trunk area witch its being total out but i can buy it back for a little of nothing. I know what I have and will buy it back and put the engine in a blazer but i was just woundering about the equinox and the guy said it can be done without any problems just have to get the wiring harness that he have

Yes you did and thinks homie .........atleast you didn't say anything negative you gave me a source like i asked for not .......why not go buy this or why not go do that. Some people don't understand projects I guess I wouldn't tell a guy who is trying to put 4 18's in a honda to fucking go buy a truck .......lmmfao but again thanks _paralyzed

Staying with the FWD platform isn't a great idea...especially with an LS4 driving the front wheels. Pulling the heads off the LS4, selling the rest of the motor/tranny, and throwing them on an L33 5.3 with a nice cam and 11.5:1 pistons, along with a built 4l60e...converting the equinox to RWD(or hell even AWD with a TBSS front end) would be a lot better idea....

If money isn't an option, then go all out :)

mild 5.3 on spray in a 4k-lb package is low 11's.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Yes you did and thinks homie .........atleast you didn't say anything negative you gave me a source like i asked for not .......why not go buy this or why not go do that. Some people don't understand projects I guess I wouldn't tell a guy who is trying to put 4 18's in a honda to fucking go buy a truck .......lmmfao but again thanks _paralyzed

Well, Randen's doing 6 18s in a 2 door accord iirc. Soo lol. Yes its a project, but when the point becomes a money pit, or something not worth doing theres a line, ya know? Just because we're negative about it doesn't mean we mean it in a negative way, just in a better way to benefit you way.

Staying with the FWD platform isn't a great idea...especially with an LS4 driving the front wheels. Pulling the heads off the LS4, selling the rest of the motor/tranny, and throwing them on an L33 5.3 with a nice cam and 11.5:1 pistons, along with a built 4l60e...converting the equinox to RWD(or hell even AWD with a TBSS front end) would be a lot better idea....

If money isn't an option, then go all out :)

mild 5.3 on spray in a 4k-lb package is low 11's.

I 2nd this. Or just sell equinox, sell the ss impala for parts, along with selling the motor / trans from it, and buy a TBSS. Look at Underlok. TBSS w/ wall....nasty.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Archived