Sundown Audio

My test: Taramps T20.2k

TaylorFade

Two different amp technologies

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

TEST IS FLAWED, this is what happens when you don't follow direction. No wonder he keeps blowing them up. Now, T Series amplifiers (does not include the T500D)

Ohm Stability capability-

Same Recommendations as HD Amplifiers

Do not wire Below the Nominal(Impedance, not resistance) ohm value the amplifier is rated for.

For competition, this is fine for BURPS only. Sustained or repetitive burps are not suggested!

Reason- These amplifiers are not overbuilt to withstand that kind of abuse hence the radical low price for high power.

DC Voltage working range-

Power Supply- 10.2v - 15.0v

Protection Range- 10.5v - 15.0v)

(That means physical range is 10.5 - 13.0v)

Operating Working Range under 100% signal output-

(this is maximum output until clipping and any % of distortion afterwords)

10.5v- 13.0v

Reason-

These amplifiers use what you could call a rail booster which ramps up the voltage internally to provide enormous amount of power and efficiency below 14.4v. This works wonders for people who cannot sustain alternator voltage.

The only downside to that, in a sense, is if the user CAN sustain charging voltage to power the entire amplifier system under maximum load, then it will put too much added stress to the amplifier overtime and eventually damage it.

There are only about 10,000 ways to lower voltage a few tenths even if charging is sustained!

Remember, we are not talking about DC voltage above 13.0v at all times. ONLY when the signal is at maximum potential and especially clipping over 13.0v. More detailed illustration below in graph.

Cyclic Vibrational Capabiity(mounting amp on box or wall)-

Better, Average

Reason- The weight of the amplifier is much heavier than any other amplifier they make(minus the High Voltage series). Between the 10.9K to the 20.2K, weight varies between ~22 - 32lbs per amp vs a maximum on the HD8k at 13.5lbs!

The 10.9K - 20.2K use multiple transformers resisting the capability of a single larger one adding weight centered in one area.

These amplifiers are more resistant to damages from cyclic resonances and vibrations but no amplifier on earth is completely resistant. Use good layout technique when deciding on where to mount electronics.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.

What does the impedance graph on the right actually mean?

Same answer as HD Amplifiers

Answer-

Do not wire speaker setup to an amplifier where it's Nominal rated impedance is lower than the rating of the amplifier.

IE- Dual 2ohm may typically be dual 1.4(1.4 being Resistance, not impedance)

Dual 2ohm in this case is 1ohm nominal or also 0.7 DCR(Direct Current Resistance)

The graph above indicates ACTUAL Impedance the amplifier sees during play!

That means it's suggested to maintain above 1.4ohms actual Impedance(not resistance) for longterm output. Sometimes a or more frequencies can dip below 1.4 but this is fine because when wiring to a proper nominal load, Actual impedance below 1.4ohms will not be sustained or in the range of your average impedance curve.

I hope this clears everything up with speculation, etc..

Clears up speculation perfectly. Don't use shitty amp!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

okay.. other amps didnt blow by doing his way.. even the hifonics took it

Thats because one was meant to play music for a while and one was meant to burp and thats it.

you would assume a $1900 amp would have better technology over a $500 amp

Thats like saying why did my Fi BL with the spl burp only option break when i wanted to play music on it for much longer then it was made for? [which would be zero seconds]

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

so if the max input voltage is 13 volts they have no place in the car.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i would never waste my time or money on this amp.i understand that most of us want to get the most out of something,while paying the least amount.thats the name of the game, but if its not reliable even on its own specs,it seems dangerous! I would rather have piece of mind.

holy shit all the instructions to use this damn amp that is KNOWN to blow.

dont put amp in sunlight

dont turn radio on past 4

dont open door while amp is playing

only play amp for 35 seconds at a time or may fry

dont blink while using amp

*keep fire extinguisher*

blah blah blah

it funny the excuses people come up with when running this amp to justify why it blows, catch fire and smokes..

the audio world is amazing now.. pure amazing.. there is no more this amp is just junk..

ill stick with my Koreans..

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Archived