JJJJSSSS78 Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 Hello all, I was wondering what was better design-wise, on youtube I see a lot of walls that are basically one big box, but I have also seen a few guys with what seem to be 2 boxes stacked like this guy: What are the pros and cons? Is one better than the other? The car in the video seems to be pretty loud Also is this still considered a wall? Thanks for your help
Joe X Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 Why would you take the time to stack up two boxes if you can do one and be done with it?
White Lightning Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 One enclosure build, but with separate or multiple chambers if need be would be the way I would have one built. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
n8ball2013 Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 I do t think flavius has two boxes.stacked on top of each other THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
juan777 Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 Why would you take the time to stack up two boxes if you can do one and be done with it? I went Flavius style for 2 reasons: Flavius hits 160s easy, so I had a reference as to whether I could get loud or not if I built it properly And I wanted to build outside the vehicle since it's still my daily I am curious to know the science behind either build design though The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
n8ball2013 Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 I guess im going to have to look into his build more. personally I find it half assed. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
philrab Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 Two separate boxes only if it's a space issue getting them into the vehicle, ie big trunk with a small opening. Otherwise, I do one big box, common chamber, common port. That's my preference at least. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
islandpride684 Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 He says its a wall... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
MrSkippyJ Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 not sure what the pros of building 2 separate boxes would be outside of it's the only way to fit the box. cons would be trying to make identical enclosures and less inefficient use of space. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
evermaxx Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 Thats an old vid.. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.