Mitsubishi Galant + 12 12s = ??? Starts at Page 5

Box shell has begun, all I can say is its huge. This box is almost 3x the volume of my box. All I have to do is more bracing then its getting started on the baffles.

YW3bAkB.jpg

Battery box looks great, and so does the shell. Really great, actually.

I can't help but ask--how much of the rear parcel shelf/body/suspension support structure did you cut out to make this fit, and how did you brace it back up to keep the car from folding in on itself? We've had people bring cars like this to us a few times. Once the outer body and strut towers buckle inward there is no saving it...

Static drops are my bag.

Battery box looks great, and so does the shell. Really great, actually.

I can't help but ask--how much of the rear parcel shelf/body/suspension support structure did you cut out to make this fit, and how did you brace it back up to keep the car from folding in on itself? We've had people bring cars like this to us a few times. Once the outer body and strut towers buckle inward there is no saving it...

I'm doing a metal cage on the inside of the box as well as having a metal brace welded around the box. So it'll wrap around the box and be welded to where the package tray used to be. I'm thinking about going with 1/8 steel for that, maybe use some angle iron on both sides. Definitely gonna happen before I get the battery and subs in

Team 2Loud @ Virginia TechTeam NVXXS Power BatteriesDB Designs

Build logs: 
2002 Mitsubishi Galant, 12 NVX 12s, 4th order, Vital Power 700.1, 158.6 dB Kick 
1990 Honda Civic SPL Build, 2 DC LVL 5 Team 15s, 2 Vital Power 700.1s

Follow my builds on Social Media!
Youtube: SolerTuned
Facebook: @2LoudVT
Instagram: @SolerTuned

• 2 weeks later...
Box got the cage and some fiberglass

MJ1TPTj.jpg

Finished up the battery box and amp rack. Still have to add the mids and highs amps on the left and right side.

BtA49pC.jpg

eyNYT43.jpgh1E8JPH.jpg

VM5nqeb.jpg

cvfcPcq.jpg

Also finished up the sub baffles. These got a metal cage as well, they were welded to the other cage and lag screwed all the way around. This makes for a very ridged structure. Therefore, If i ever upgrade the 12s, I can put much higher power 12s in there without any worry of the box breaking or tearing.

OeYzAF4.jpg

IDExu8J.jpg

CruWdO5.jpg

The second layer of baffles goes in tonight. Started on the trim pieces for the interior of the box, but didnt quite get it finished yet. Hope to have it finished up by this weekend! Got way to much on my mind as I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Build logs: 

Images fixed

Build logs: 

Damn looking good can't wait to see Vids of this playing

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived