Guest Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 So am I currently running four 6.5s, one per door at 150rms a piece. And I am about to install some tweets in the apillars. I want to know if it is worth my time to put in a small 4" speaker or something into the apillar as well. This speaker would only be powered off the head unit at 22wrms. I just want to know how much of a difference it would make if any. Thanks
MrSkippyJ Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 try it and see but it's not something i would do. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Guest Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 try it and see but it's not something i would do. I am trying to see what I can gather before I do it! lol Thanks though.
Skullz Posted January 11, 2015 Report Posted January 11, 2015 Don't do it. Your just over complicating things. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
White Lightning Posted January 11, 2015 Report Posted January 11, 2015 If you plan to amplify part of the front stage, you really need to amplify all parts of the stage. Run the 4 and tweet passive if you need too ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
jk13 Posted January 11, 2015 Report Posted January 11, 2015 If you're going to mix and match random stuff it'll be hit or miss and incredibly hard to tune. I never add a tweeter to a coax, much less another midrange. Best way would be to use a dedicated three way set. Without breaking the bank the new PPI set has decent reviews (I have not heard them). Otherwise there are plenty of other brands selling them. Static drops are my bag.
islandpride684 Posted January 11, 2015 Report Posted January 11, 2015 I wouldn't do it if its running off the head unit...you wouldn't be able to notice any difference because the doors are gonna over power them unless you run them off another amp... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Guest Posted January 11, 2015 Report Posted January 11, 2015 If you're going to mix and match random stuff it'll be hit or miss and incredibly hard to tune. I never add a tweeter to a coax, much less another midrange. Best way would be to use a dedicated three way set. Without breaking the bank the new PPI set has decent reviews (I have not heard them). Otherwise there are plenty of other brands selling them. I thought about this, but my 6.5s are the Crescendo Mezzo series, same for tweets. So the intermediate speaker would have to be a different brand.
Kyblack76 Posted January 11, 2015 Report Posted January 11, 2015 I'd not run anything off the deck. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.