Sonic Electronix

How much would I be over paying?

I've never had anyones equipment fail. never had a call back back about failing gear. besides, every time someone i know that has had a issue with a shop, like failing gear, broken car parts Ect... has been more of a pain then just paying to redo it.

that and if i could install OPs gear i would teach him and walk him threw every step of the way. so he can learn.

I'm sorry if i seem so "dickish" but i hate the shop by me. they charge $85 a hour. they do a hack job, only run 4g no matter the amp size and tune by ear. (maxed gain and boost) i steal there clients constantly.

if OP was local i would love to install it for him and actually teach him.

personally i think he's getting robbed. but if he wants to pay $500 for some insurance that they won't Burn his car to the ground by installing deadner and door speakers.... i won't stop him.

the price should drop (allot) now that there not running a amp.

You do realize not all shops are like this?

You do realize shops charge more than you will because they have overhead to cover and this is their ONLY job?

You do realize that most people with common sense will go to a shop cause your cousins, brother, dad may not pick up the phone when shit fails?

And you do realize I can't stand people like you.

Just in case you don't realize this stuff, maybe you do now.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Bro, if your that young, why wouldn't u at least try to learn some of this. Having a shop install all of that for u is throwing money down the toilet imho. Plus if/when something goes wrong, what happens if the shop is shut down? Now ur sol and stuck thinking, why didn't I just learn. Not to mention the pride that goes along with knowing how hard YOU worked to make the system the way you want to. It's a lot of fun, and really isn't that hard at all. Just takes patience and a willingness to learn. If u get stuck, well that's what we are all here for. Sorry for the rant, just my $.02

^^THIS

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Bro, if your that young, why wouldn't u at least try to learn some of this. Having a shop install all of that for u is throwing money down the toilet imho. Plus if/when something goes wrong, what happens if the shop is shut down? Now ur sol and stuck thinking, why didn't I just learn. Not to mention the pride that goes along with knowing how hard YOU worked to make the system the way you want to. It's a lot of fun, and really isn't that hard at all. Just takes patience and a willingness to learn. If u get stuck, well that's what we are all here for. Sorry for the rant, just my $.02

^^THIS

Really. If the vehicle in question is the GMC in your sig then it's seriously one of the easiest doors to work with. And popular too. Must be dozens of videos out there on how to take them apart. Buy your speakers, adapters if you feel they're necessary, and go from there.

Static drops are my bag.

OP : I like that you want to support your local shop !

But you're paying a lot of money for those equipments.

1) Get a single component set . You will use the stock locations : easy for a shop. I would spend some good money on them.

2) Deadening mateiral are important, but you can do it yourself later if you want. Wait for some sales at secondskinaudio.com or at sounddeadenershowdown.com

3) find an inexpensive amplifier for your component set : something like an Audiopipe, or any cheap one (take a look at sonicelectronics.com for example) or ask the shop for a cheaper one. That Kenwood is expensive and not that great for this price.

Good luck.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

don't like Me all you want, couldn't care Less. but throwing away that much money is something i try to get people to avoid. and I'm contact with 90% of my installs. i knmow i do good work. I don't do installs to make Money. i do it because i like it. only reason i charge is because my time isn't free.

as far as $1,700 systems go.. that's a joke.

I'd rather help the kid either save his.money or put that money towards better gear.

but if you want to encourage people to waste there money instead of looking for help or looking up how to do something... i don't like people like that. especially because your the only one encouraging him to piss money away. id much rather have the kid learn how to do something by himself, like a basshead. the more who love music and can install there own gear feel proud and show off there work the better.

I'm guessing all of your gear in your car was installed by someone you paid?

you.have any idea how many kids on this.forum I've helped with installs either in person or over the phone, so they didn't waste hard earned money for something they can do? i don't think you do! hell a few have posted in this thread!

but thank you for your $0.02 i really appreciate it!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Not every shop is out to do people wrong. If the kid doesn't know what he's doing then it's not a bad idea to pay for the shop install. Especially if they're willing to do a nice install and stand behind their work if a problem arises...

Also save the $$ until you have enough for EVERYTHING ... Including the amp and deadener you'll be much happier. Plus if you do it later you'll be paying more labor ;)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I'm not saying all shops are bad. but for a younger kid just looking for a system that's allot of money for not allot of sound.

I'm sure you all agree.

i wanted OP to look at his options.

1) find a local member to help him out and save him a shit ton of money. (the $500+ in labor could get him a sub and amp)

2) take the next 2 weeks and do research, so he can learn to Fish.

I'm sure all of you agree that there's nothing better then being proud of your work (giving a demo, popping the trunk or hood, showing your neighbors the deck you built...)

yes shops leave a bad taste in my.mouth, so i do have a biased opinion. i know all shops aren't created equal. bbeljefes shop comes to mind as a great one!

I'd personally rather see him learn or be taught how.

that's all i was trying to say.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Some people really just shouldn't do their own installs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i sure do, never had a shop install anything!

in fact I'm the guy who fixes my local Shops installs.

and looking at what he's cut from his list, isn't that bad. however, I'm guessing he cut that stuff because of the install price.

again not saying the shop is wrong. i just know what its like to want to be loud on a budget. just trying to help him out.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff