Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 22, 2015 Report Posted January 22, 2015 I've got a 2005 regular cab f150 with a high performance PSI Platform 2 12 in right at 3 cubes and currently have crappy mids and highs now. I would like to have mids and highs that can keep up (also have good SQ) and wasn't sure to go with a pro audio style or component sets. I plan on getting an amp to power them as well and budget for the amp would be around 300 and around $200 for the mids and highs For your application ... In that particular truck you would be good to have a 6.5" coax driver in each door location with some good sound deadning and strong 2 channel amplifier ... Your drivers should be high enough to where external tweeters would not be needed. More great free advice from a man who definitely Knows what he's talking about. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
SIDE SHOW Posted January 22, 2015 Report Posted January 22, 2015 in that case, have a look into some splits that can be mounted as a coax (KICKER ss series and old school rs6 splits) the external crossover will give you some sort of adjustments you can make to the tweeter.
05flareside Posted January 23, 2015 Author Report Posted January 23, 2015 Broke audio addict, would mounting the coaxs in the stock location put the tweeter high enough? The stock location is just below the arm rest at about knee level
saabgotbass Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 maybe some jbls or infinity speakers
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 I would take cableguys advice, he wouldn't tell you to do it if it wasn't going to work out. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Swordlordboy1234 Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 I've done JL tr and c2 5x7's in that truck and they sound great. Especially on a amp with some deadening. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
05flareside Posted January 23, 2015 Author Report Posted January 23, 2015 Alright now time to search for a set of coaxs. I planned on running a Crescendo 550/2 which does 150 RMSx2 at 4 ohms. Any recommendations on a set of coaxs? And also I will invest in some deading and do both doors and possible the roof
dolarbilz Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Fuck coax.never heard a decent set.will everybody trade out comps for coax.....my option.guess if I'm not cableguy shit don't matter follow the heard..
White Lightning Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Fuck coax.never heard a decent set.will everybody trade out comps for coax.....my option.guess if I'm not cableguy shit don't matter follow the heard..All I'd did was give a suggestion on what I thought would work ... Nothing more, nothing less. Sorry to offend you brother, I will keep my suggestions to myself from here on out. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.