I've been looking at upgrading to hid's for a while now, and I've been browsing a lot of sites online. I have also heard bad things about the cheap ones. So I don't really know what I am looking for. Where would you recommend getting an hid kit from? I don't want to spend a whole lot of money, but don't want a product that is going to give me problems.

Thank you in advance

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Or if there was a trim level of your vehicle that had factory HIDs you could source the lights from there. HID in factory housings is still illegal in WI.

And yes I know there are hundreds of people running them that way. Wait till the cops catch on around here, they'll have a field day. My old shop in MKE got a cease and desist letter from the gov't.

Static drops are my bag.

Or if there was a trim level of your vehicle that had factory HIDs you could source the lights from there. HID in factory housings is still illegal in WI.

And yes I know there are hundreds of people running them that way. Wait till the cops catch on around here, they'll have a field day. My old shop in MKE got a cease and desist letter from the gov't.

HIDs are illegal in WI? That's news to me, must not be heavily enforced since I see all kinds of them running around.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

HIDs are illegal in WI? That's news to me, must not be heavily enforced since I see all kinds of them running around.

Always have been illegal. Just like driving with brights on against oncoming traffic is technically illegal. Wrong spray pattern when used in non-HID housings. They gave us 30 days to remove them from inventory or they'd come in and confiscate everything, not just the kits. Essentially shutting us down. That's why most kits were coming from Canada and Japan mail order only for the longest time.

Probably not too heavily enforced because it's usually a "fix it" ticket--which means no money for the police. But it's one more thing for them to nab you on if they want an excuse to pull you over. Like no more than 50% tint on the front two windows, no more than 9" total vehicle lift (6" suspension plus 3" tire radius), failure to signal, etc. They are all laws (in WI for these examples) that are safety oriented and usually only lightly enforced unless it's convenient for them or it poses a threat to someone else.

Static drops are my bag.

Hands down The Retrofit Source. I refuse to use anyone else's kits anymore. We've sold about everything and the Morimotos from TRS are king of the mountain.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

i was looking at the ones from TRS. I have heard mixed reviews on the ones from DDM. some say they havent had problems, some have. If i went with DDM, i would get low beams, high beams, AND fog lights. but if i went with TRS, i would only be able to do the low beams. would i need to get the anti-flicker capacitor link?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

and yes i know they are technically illegal. but i know quite a few people with them and havent had an issue with them. i just have to make sure that the light doesnt shine too high.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Call trs and talk with them. Just let them know what your doing and what you want. They can suggest everything to you and figure out everything you need.

Imo bixenon hids is the way to go.

The projector uses a shutter shield. It blocks of past of the light beam for lows and when you go the highs it opens up the shutter giving you the full beam.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ok, I'm gonna go with TRS. now should I get the 50w set? Or is 35w enough? I don't want them to be too bright and have a bigger risk of getting pulled over. Also, do I need the anti-flicker capacitor?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived