90,000 Watt Daily Build Update

LiFePo4 is safe. No one needs to worry about it. I've been using lithium based batteries for 8+ years in my R/C cars, and am up to date on the different chemicals used in conjunction with lithium, and this iteration (LiFePo4) is as safe as safe can be.

I have a 30 pound 1/5 scale electric car that can pull over 10 horsepower (7,460 watts) and I have beaten and abused all kinds of batteries in it.

I understand people are slow to change, and want things to be proven before jumping on board. This tech has been proven for years in the R/C world. Nobody needs to be afraid to jump on board.

Now if the industry could just get graphene cells figured out...

LiFePo4 is safe. No one needs to worry about it. I've been using lithium based batteries for 8+ years in my R/C cars, and am up to date on the different chemicals used in conjunction with lithium, and this iteration (LiFePo4) is as safe as safe can be.

I have a 30 pound 1/5 scale electric car that can pull over 10 horsepower (7,460 watts) and I have beaten and abused all kinds of batteries in it.

I understand people are slow to change, and want things to be proven before jumping on board. This tech has been proven for years in the R/C world. Nobody needs to be afraid to jump on board.

I think the main concern is with constantly charging/discharging them, not the mention at a high amperage.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I think the main concern is with constantly charging/discharging them, not the mention at a high amperage.

My R/C cars have regenerative braking. They are constantly charged/discharged at a high amperage.

Lol 18C draw

Lithium batts are used it motorcycles

The controllers on the motorcycles can draw 30C ~ 25C+ constant, way more power than any amplifier we have can make

Lead acid are like steam cars

Lithium are like gas cars

Light years ahead but because they "can" explode it's super dangerous etc. the real danger isn't even in blowing up its in the toxic fumes that happen after thermal runaway has occurred. You must me in a outside and away from the battery

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Last battery comment and let's get back to his amazing build

Current draw on a lithium battery in a motorcycle

100v and 440amps-660 (we will take the 440) constant into the motor

44000 = lots of power

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

My R/C cars have regenerative braking. They are constantly charged/discharged at a high amperage.

That's cool to know. But does that happen at the same time? This may not even be a concern. I have zero experience with lithiums, other than vaping I guess but I don't believe my batteries have the same chemistry.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I love it how an R/C car is more advanced then most passenger vehicles....Would love to have regenerative braking on my car....less strain on the alternator and would be a lot easier to make a car AWD/4WD.

SORRY! wanna see build pics...and I checked out the batteries...was surprised at the price of the juicebox batts. All the other ones I have found are ridiculously expensive that are LiFePo4.

And just to put the record straight XS does have lithium batteries, look at their racing series. They are REALLY expensive though, not doubting quality but damn...wish I had the coin but alas I do not.

I've been talking with Kevin, I may replace my Nendos with a LifePO4 since Crescendo decided to make new ones and I don't want 4 F31s and 2 H120s or whatever they are calling them now

I can always sell the batts!

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Archived