Share some of your favorite AUDIOPHILE STEREO SQ music

Do-LowHrzHurts

I've got a friend who's pretty well respected in the SQ game. Drives a Saab with probably 10k worth of gear in it and lots of custom install. He swears Madonna's Immaculate Collection is one of the best recorded albums of all time. I demoed his system to "Vogue". lol

Play madonna's RAIN from like 91....

shit is EPIC good, will test your doors...

and has damn good lows...

chris jones- long after you're gone (you can find it one youtube or dl off hdtracks)

Seems like most of Micheal Jackson's stuff is great

eva cassidy....just about anything

chanticleer

phil collins...I mean...pick an album

Steve Ray Vaughn I have been listening to alot and is great

on his album...not youtube.

procupine tree

pain of salvation

depends on what you're into I kinda hop around but theres a lot of jazz that is usually thrown in there.

I know some of you know the fetish obsession I have with Dave Matthews Band, but honestly, A lot of his live stuff is legit, and his Big Wiskey and the GrooGrux King has a ton of horny stuff (hm that didn't sound right lmao) in it. Their latest is pretty damn good too, a little different style then they had, but it works well. It's called Away From the World. Really really clean sounding! I tune all of my mids and highs to DMB. I set the gains with the DD-1, but if Dave doesn't sound right, I switch tracks on the DD1 until i find it. Obviously there are only so many to tune with on the DD1 but the -7.5 that Kyle here gave me (thanks buddy) worked killer on it. Then after that I adjust by ear on the crossover settings.

Anyway, alot of great suggestions on here already. My AA Mids have shipped so I cannot wait to get those in and get the truck sounding crisp!

I think it was Adam who also said Tornado by Little Big Town is good too.

A lot of music sounds good and clear when played on a fairly high powered / built system ... but when it comes to a full sound, stage, and image system .... you have to find music that gives detail in placement.

Which is why judges / enthusiasts only use certain music and recording preferences.

Please understand ... I'm not complaining in any way, just trying to help out ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I feel a live album is probably the best way to go when trying to find music for SQ. Chances are higher for no studio remixing of the music. I use "Hotel California" from Hell Freezes Over of the Eagles. It is what you are listening for that will help you know you are moving in the right direction of SQ. For example the placement of the drum, and guitar in the opening track. If your stage is properly tuned you should be able to close your eyes and get a separation of them on the stage. Although, not recorded with one mic it is recorded very well. just my .02.

Archived