Second Skin Audio

What is the purpose of this?

juan777

Are we talking about the double baffle? If so I thought it was for additional strength to hold heavy subs, less flex, as well as (typically) flush mounting a sub for a cleaner look.

No.

The extra piece at the end of the port.

Oh the other end :P my bad. I missed the part about the port extension in OP.

Its marketing as well. Trying to get the customer to "perceive" higher value and quality, in order to charge more and make more profits. Its just business.

Note: I am currently taking a marketing class, sorry if I sound like a douche :)

The thing is that if they can get people to pay more for a product that is generally the same as before just with a different appearance, they will do it and most likely make money off of it.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Its marketing as well. Trying to get the customer to "perceive" higher value and quality, in order to charge more and make more profits. Its just business.

Note: I am currently taking a marketing class, sorry if I sound like a douche :)

I sat in with an exgf for a marketing class all semester. The professor saw me walking her to the door and turning around and he asked where I was going, told him it was bae's class and he said well wait in here.

Anyway, I forgot where I was going with that story but yeah the ex had a phat ass and perceived value and such...

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

It has to do with the eddies around the lip. JBL did some testing and found in certain instances an internal flare was better than an external one that everyone does. I posted it here before, it was a white paper, as well as on MAF. Titled it something like "you may be kerfing all wrong" or something along those lines. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Found it on MAF: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6626-Port-compression-and-sizing&highlight=Kerf

I suggest you read the first page of replies.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

That's not a kerf...

61242839.jpg

This is a KERF!!!

Those are actually radial bends....which took what looks like 26 kerfs (13 per side) to make them :-)

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

It's creating a larger round over is all I've got one in my wall but I didn't just attach a. Small piece of mdf to mine. It helps cut port turbulence if done right. Those 45s though are something you'll never see me doing

The work looks really good and his fit and finish should be outstanding. But I'm not loud or ever will be so take it with a grain of salt

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived