big 3 or capacitor to fix my problem?!

Caps aren't that great. A small better is a better idea.

if the bass cuts off then the amp is going to protect mode..could be low voltage could be clipping. could be bad connection. how sure are you its clean power? what tool did you set the gain with?

if the bass cuts off then the amp is going to protect mode..could be low voltage could be clipping. could be bad connection. how sure are you its clean power? what tool did you set the gain with?

used a dd-1 for setting my gains.

was the car running or turned off when you tuned it? i tune with my voltage at battery resting voltage just in case the voltage drops that bad. if you tune with the car on it is seeing 14.4 volts and once you drop below that with music you introduce clipping

That amp is stable @ 2ohms, so if you are wired below that, then that might be your problem...how are your subs wired?

already checked impedance subs are for sure wired at 2 ohms.

You said you don't have a dmm so how did you check the impedeance?

Are your interior and exterior lights dimming badly when this happens?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

big 3, but plz explain what you mean by the bass shorts out........ do you mean the sub amp goes into protect?

amp isnt going into protect mode. its more like the bass goes out on heavy bass parts of the song when bumping at loud volumes or even half way. like there isnt enough power feeding the subs n amp when it needs it.

i adjusted my positive/power wire with inline fuse and doesnt seem to cut out at all anymore. but still thinking of just doing the big 3 soon myself

Check all your connections, pull on every wire hard. Check for slight burn marks around/in the fuse holder.

What is the equipment used and how does the electrical look like?

stock battery and alt. 4 gauge wiring with 2 P3 12s and kicker zx.1000.1

How many amps does the alternator supply? Usually that amp with good OFC 4 guage wiring should be more then good enough.

The big 3 is not a cure all.

I'd like more info as well, what do you mean it shorts out?

when listening to a song... i can turn up the volume at max clean signal then after awhile bass cuts out on heavy bass notes, id turn the volume down a lil bit n bass bumps again. depending on the song n low bass notes.

That means the amps goes in protect.

What IS* your voltage drop.....???

dont have a dmm so i dont know how much my voltage is dropping while bumping

Go buy a dmm and check the voltage with the system at full power and half power(right before turning off).

And check the wiring of your subwoofers too.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived