Sonic Electronix

not quite sure but I think kingsuv did this once, but i could be remember incorrectly.

Yes I did, but when I did i had the plans to cover it in Plexi. I never got around to it before a scraped the box

It's not the vibrations I would be worried about in the box but the air pressure from the subs. It not hard to have 155-170DB in the box

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Yes I did, but when I did i had the plans to cover it in Plexi. I never got around to it before a scraped the box

It's not the vibrations I would be worried about in the box but the air pressure from the subs. It not hard to have 155-170DB in the box

Lol I just spent 20 mins looking through your build logs trying to see if you did or not :blush:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

that is another thing that crossed my mind....i know there is insane amounts of pressure inside boxes and that prolly wouldnt be the best for an amp?

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Lol I just spent 20 mins looking through your build logs trying to see if you did or not :blush:

In The Excursion build, when I did the Birch box for the Portland Trifecta show.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

The only problem I see with it is if your box flexes much. If you fasten closer to the edges or even if your box doesn't really flex I think you'll have a much better time with it in the long run. What cant fit under the seat is on my box. Honestly the sub box gets about the least vibrations of anywhere in my car.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I'm sure this has been recommended already, but I use that rubber/carpet fiber material that is used under big carpets to keep it from sliding around. Its pretty thick and it works pretty damn well. Just cut it to the size of the amp, double side tape it on, then mount the amp.

teamsundown-1.jpg

to me thats just one less step in someone jacking my shit, if they want my amp they're gonna have to work for it, bolted down to the floor. im even thinking of bolting my box down as well. (been robbed twice, paranoid me) 1st time was with no alarm, second dumbass friend left window open. im even thinking of some kind of bike lock for my sub to my box after its bolted down...it may seem excessive but i really dont like losing my stuff i work hard for.

if you double layer the wood...i think it multiplies the stiffening value (forget the actual term) of the wood by 8. so that'd help with vibrations. i double layered mine, and have 6 or 7 layers of fatmat between them for a lil extra stiffening. plus bracing all around in the box also