Zr-1 corvette wall build 1-18 sub on 6k rms

Hell yea, I'm tuned

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

They had the LT-4 back in 96 also but available in the Corvette.

The motor I WAS referencing was the LT-5 though, you were correct and good catch. I haven't seen one in so long I forgot it was the 5 not the 4. The 32 valve heads are fucking huge.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

"The all-aluminum LT5 engine's design was a collaboration of GM and Lotus Engineering, sharing only a 5.7-liter displacement with other small-block engines. The engine was built by Mercury Marine, which was renowned for its aluminum machining capability. Engineers were justifiably proud of the LT5's refinement and smoothness; so much so that it was claimed a nickel placed on its end on top of the engine wouldn't fall over when the engine was started. The challenge was immediately taken up – and the LT5 roared to life while the nickel remained standing."

I knew Mercury was in there someplace. Pretty cool, not a C4 fan by any means but the genesis and engineering is great.

Rolex, it will be done in a way that it will be easy to return back to stock with no damage.

Im not some rookie kid who just tears shit up.

Not how I meant it Bro. I mean I hope the guy wants a custom that cant go back to OEM leaving one less original out there!

As far as a history lesson..

the LT-5 was made from 90-95

It is a 349CU aluminum block that made 375hp and 375ftlbs between 90-92, from 93-95 it was rated at 404hp and 385ftlbs

To make those numbers out of the engine it needed dual over head cams, 32 valves and 16 fuel injectors. It is the 1st American car I can remember that used a "valet" key to unlock all the power. in the off position only 8 injectors worked in the on position all 16 did and you got full power. The downfall to this car now is the price of parts and maintenance. Last time my brother priced parts out a set of OEM heads was almost $5K

The LT-4 was a one year motor, though the moniker was just brought back, in 1996. It is an LT1 block with a different top end. Heads, intake, roller rockers and a cam to make the extra horse. There were a few left over engines after the 96 production year and those engines were donated to the SLP Camaro and Firehawk Pontiac of 1997

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

A little update-

After gutting the back end of the car and going through some things with the owner, we have decided to change the sub stage to 2 15s.

Battery placement will be in the rear with the battery starting in the pockets where the rear speakers were located and running out into some fab.

The face of the wall will be painted an oem white, with the back end wrapped in black vinyle to match the dash of the car.

The batteries and amplifiers will be in an enclosed compartment with plexiglass removeable cover, and some leds. This compartment will have crossflow fans setup for cooling.

I will continue to update via mobile, and once fab starts i will be updating via desktop and will have regular updates with pics.

This project will be called the "skarvette".

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived