singer alt issue

Just installed a singer alt in my 98 Camry. 180 amp. Worked great the first few days. Started my car yesterday and it charges around 13.2-13.7 at idle no load. With a 1200 RMS load it drops to 12 and below. Even at 2000 rpm it only charges at 14 and drops tp 13.3 with a load. Used a half inch shorter belt, nice and tight. Big 3 done with oversize ofc 4g. Any ideas?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Get a hold of singer first

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

For what it's worth, I experienced the very same issue with a 180A unit for a 2008 Honda Civic. Tried everything I could, went back and fourth with Singer and the guy I bought it from(I bought it used), but the performance never improved.

Singer pretty much told me that was normal behavior for a used alternator, and ignored me. Not sure how old yours is, but hopefully he's more helpful for you.

One thing you could do is swap your stock unit back in and see how it performs under the exact same conditions. When I put mine in the voltage jumped right back up to 14.3+, and was far more stable than the Singer unit. So it was pretty clear there was something wrong internally with the unit, and it was not an issue with my car or the install.

Just have to start narrowing down the possibilities, good luck!

Thanks for the input. Its a brand new unit he sent me last week. Hopefully this all gets figured out

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

4 ohm. DC audio level 3. If it was at one this amp would of smoked it. My stock was doing a better job than the singer is currently. My wiring did not change.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Hmmm....like audiofanaticz said, do some trouble shooting (checking wires, etc.) and then just call Singer. If there's anything wrong with the alt, he'll take care of you.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

For what it's worth, I experienced the very same issue with a 180A unit for a 2008 Honda Civic. Tried everything I could, went back and fourth with Singer and the guy I bought it from(I bought it used), but the performance never improved.

Singer pretty much told me that was normal behavior for a used alternator, and ignored me. Not sure how old yours is, but hopefully he's more helpful for you.

One thing you could do is swap your stock unit back in and see how it performs under the exact same conditions. When I put mine in the voltage jumped right back up to 14.3+, and was far more stable than the Singer unit. So it was pretty clear there was something wrong internally with the unit, and it was not an issue with my car or the install.

Just have to start narrowing down the possibilities, good luck!

Singer has great CS. You bought a used unit from someone else and there is no way of telling how it was used or abused. I can't really blame Singer for not wanting to dive in on that one...

It would have been a completely different story had you bought new

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Just installed a singer alt in my 98 Camry. 180 amp. Worked great the first few days. Started my car yesterday and it charges around 13.2-13.7 at idle no load. With a 1200 RMS load it drops to 12 and below. Even at 2000 rpm it only charges at 14 and drops tp 13.3 with a load. Used a half inch shorter belt, nice and tight. Big 3 done with oversize ofc 4g. Any ideas?

Sounds like the person sold you the alternator knowing it was failing. Without knowing if your car has any limitations for the alternator I would guess that............. your shit is fucked up bro

Archived