onyx1silverado Posted June 23, 2015 Report Posted June 23, 2015 I have a set of focal access components in the front and I have them turned down as much as I can on the crossover already. Can I add something inline to lower them just a little more? They just are a little harsh at times even at moderate listening they just sound tinny. They are a metal some tweeter too. Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp 2 DC level 2 12's Focal Access Components in the front Focal Access Coax in the rear doors Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75 XS Power D3400 under the hood Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground
SIDE SHOW Posted June 24, 2015 Report Posted June 24, 2015 you could try fade your headunit to the rear, or look into going active with your front stage.
TaylorFade Posted June 24, 2015 Report Posted June 24, 2015 You may need more EQ. What you're hearing could probably be fixed with it. It could also be a placement issue. How do you have them installed? Can you move them? Adding more passive attenuation would be a chore. As mentioned... consider going active if that's an option and EQ isn't.
White Lightning Posted June 24, 2015 Report Posted June 24, 2015 Knowing how you have them installed and in what vehicle we are working with here would help. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
aculous Posted June 25, 2015 Report Posted June 25, 2015 also what do you mean by "I have them turned down as much as I can on the crossover already" is there a gain or something on the crossover? Or are you changing the crossover frequency or slope? I would run them active on possibly different amps, so in other words (2) 2-channel amps, that way you could mess with the levels a little more. EQ though sounds like what you really need to do to tame the tweeter. The 2-channel amp is just the easiest in my opinion.
onyx1silverado Posted June 25, 2015 Author Report Posted June 25, 2015 This is in a Nissan Cube with tweeters in the factory a pillar location. Running off a Rockford PBR300.4 and the pioneer that's in my sig. The crossover has three positions for the tweeter (0, -3, -6) and I think I got it sounding good again though. I had some time to mess with the eq again. My problem is I like to get it sounding good for driving with the windows down but when I roll up the windows the sound just reflects too much off the side glass. Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp 2 DC level 2 12's Focal Access Components in the front Focal Access Coax in the rear doors Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75 XS Power D3400 under the hood Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground
onyx1silverado Posted June 25, 2015 Author Report Posted June 25, 2015 I'm on the mobile version of the forum and I clicked the check mark on my post. What did that do by clicking that? Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp 2 DC level 2 12's Focal Access Components in the front Focal Access Coax in the rear doors Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75 XS Power D3400 under the hood Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground
aculous Posted June 25, 2015 Report Posted June 25, 2015 This is in a Nissan Cube with tweeters in the factory a pillar location. Running off a Rockford PBR300.4 and the pioneer that's in my sig. The crossover has three positions for the tweeter (0, -3, -6) and I think I got it sounding good again though. I had some time to mess with the eq again. My problem is I like to get it sounding good for driving with the windows down but when I roll up the windows the sound just reflects too much off the side glass. wow so they're still bright at -6 dB thats quite a bit.
reedal Posted June 25, 2015 Report Posted June 25, 2015 I'm on the mobile version of the forum and I clicked the check mark on my post. What did that do by clicking that? Liked your own post SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
onyx1silverado Posted June 25, 2015 Author Report Posted June 25, 2015 I really wish they were a silk dome type tweeter. I think I just don't like sound of a metal tweeter. Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp 2 DC level 2 12's Focal Access Components in the front Focal Access Coax in the rear doors Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75 XS Power D3400 under the hood Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.