catch 22 Posted June 26, 2015 Report Posted June 26, 2015 Can someone give me an idea of the damage here? Only pic I have. Thinking bout buying it and having it repaired. Think it's worth the trouble? Thanks
dolarbilz Posted June 27, 2015 Report Posted June 27, 2015 Hard to say from a picture .if it has a burnt board no fixing it..
Karkov Posted June 27, 2015 Report Posted June 27, 2015 Can you get a more up close pic.? I know nothing about amp repair but that thing looks so roasted and toasted that I would just steer clear of it regardless. Just me... 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Skullz Posted June 29, 2015 Report Posted June 29, 2015 I would pass on it. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
catch 22 Posted July 1, 2015 Author Report Posted July 1, 2015 Found it on eBay. Guy was selling it super cheap, we'll still is. It does look pretty damn burnt up.
mrd6 Posted July 1, 2015 Report Posted July 1, 2015 In all likelihood you'd be buying a nice heat sink. I'd pass. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
2loud4uboyz Posted July 1, 2015 Report Posted July 1, 2015 I don't think you should trouble with this amp dude. Going to cost you as much in the long run..
reedal Posted July 1, 2015 Report Posted July 1, 2015 Here's a couple pics of one that isn't fried for a comparison, but that board in your pic is hard to see. Sorry about the video options on the second pic. Screenshots from YouTube... SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.