Peak changed with new drivers?

well just because peak frequency went down doesnt necessarily mean its quieter. what were your scores at 36hz before the swap and your score at 36hz now, even though its not your peak i woulcnt be completely blown away if you still beat that score, and still had more to go since your peak is lower. whats your score at 32hz now compaired to your old 36hz score. if you beat that too with the new score id be even more impressed since not only did you gain db, you can do it even lower, which for me would be mucho win lol.

finally able to quote...

I have not been able to do any metering. Ive had plant shut down for the last 9 days, and have 5 more to go....

I did get off early today, maybe ill run up and see whats going on.

Old score, at 36 was 55.9 best. Maybe ill go for a ride right now. :)

Would be fucking dope if i could best my score at 36, and still hammer the lows that these things eat up. These are doing things the SP4s had me worried about.

They also dont get hot at all. Ambeint temp at worse,.. the cooling is great. Its been over 100 for the last 4 days, and these just cool. Now you have me jonesing.

I m also worried about some power. These DCr at a true 1ohm. Sp4 coils read .6-.7. I know it dont seem like much, .... but....

Burp at all frequencies might have 2 peaks

But yes teams probably play lower :good;

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

My 1s read a .7

Maybe he changed the coil a little

Either way I bet they are 1 ohm once playing

Wore them lower and see amazing things happen compared to those sp4s lol

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

well just because peak frequency went down doesnt necessarily mean its quieter. what were your scores at 36hz before the swap and your score at 36hz now, even though its not your peak i woulcnt be completely blown away if you still beat that score, and still had more to go since your peak is lower. whats your score at 32hz now compaired to your old 36hz score. if you beat that too with the new score id be even more impressed since not only did you gain db, you can do it even lower, which for me would be mucho win lol.

finally able to quote...

I have not been able to do any metering. Ive had plant shut down for the last 9 days, and have 5 more to go....

Would be fucking dope if i could best my score at 36, and still hammer the lows that these things eat up. These are doing things the SP4s had me worried about.

They also dont get hot at all. Ambeint temp at worse,.. the cooling is great. Its been over 100 for the last 4 days, and these just cool. Now you have me jonesing.

I m also worried about some power. These DCr at a true 1ohm. Sp4 coils read .6-.7. I know it dont seem like much, .... but....

HELL YEAH now we're talking haha. hopefully we get to see some scores in the near future.

as for these being a "true" 1 ohm, dont you already have minimal rise? and werent you having a problem with one or two boards protecting sometimes.... if anything now you can really push your subs and amps and not worry about one maybe turning off :ughdunno: idk, either way .5 vs .3 per board is still much win

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

If I recall correctly, I think he attributed his boards protecting to the effed up subs they were connected too, what'd you say it was kyle, broken spider or something? THe other two that were fine, or seemed fine, didn't protect. Isn't that what was going on Kyle?

I would think that if these take more power to work, then, A - you should man up and throw 4 5k's at them, and B - donate the 3800's to the Carver 4-15's F250 cause! LMAO!!

I don't know shit admittedly between Fi's and AA's. Well really I don't know shit at all. But if the AA's are much stiffer, new, as the FI's were new, then that would play a huge roll in it as well. The other thing I'm thinking of, is when you did your peak you'd already been beating on the FI's for a while if I recall correctly. So they may have been broken in by the time you did that. These are out of the box into the fire, and things will definitely change as they break in. I would think anyway, but again I don't know shit. I'm just throwing some thoughts out there.

My 1s read a .7

Maybe he changed the coil a little

Either way I bet they are 1 ohm once playing

Wore them lower and see amazing things happen compared to those sp4s lol

Thats why i went with the dual 2's (that i thought would start at 1.4, giving me a final load of .7 the same as my sp4's) Drew. But, these read a legit 2ohm.

And i get the DCr vs running/power applied gig, i do..... but, looking at my voltage, im not making the power with these vs the others...... but, maybe im playing something that isnt pulling them down. Trust me, ill get it dicked, .. :)

They have already shown me, things, id been scared about the sp4's. And the cooling is fucking rad...... i could get the sp4's caps hot in 2 songs where im at right now... these, are ambient, for days...... :)

finally able to quote...

HELL YEAH now we're talking haha. hopefully we get to see some scores in the near future.

as for these being a "true" 1 ohm, dont you already have minimal rise? and werent you having a problem with one or two boards protecting sometimes.... if anything now you can really push your subs and amps and not worry about one maybe turning off :ughdunno: idk, either way .5 vs .3 per board is still much win

I had problems with the boards when i was at .35. That was when i had 2 subs per amp. Seeing a dcr of .35.

I then bought 2 more boards, and saw a dcr of .7 per board. With these, i see a dcr of 1ohm. Again, not much of a diff, but damn near half. But like Drew mentioned, DCr vs power applied shouldnt really matter. I may just not know what these "like" right now... but, ill figure it out.... :)

Kyle, see what happens when they loosen up. Those subs are pretty darn stiff out of the box, part of me thinks they peak at tuning because that's where the least excursion is where you aren't fighting the suspension stiffness as much. Not sure it that's the cause or not but its a theory

Wire down

If you barely protected before you probably won't now....

Most likely cause of your random cutout was exactly what I felt with when I had my teams in the trunk.... Pull subs apart look at coil, the movement from a hurt spider left or right can make the cone tip and the cool rub only on random occasions

They will take a while to break in..... Easiest way is play long and hard!!!

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

Didn't read through the entire thread but subs are completely different, stiffer suspension....etc. Also, are you wired the same as before? New subs = new setup bro.

Now, post some vids!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived