Peak changed with new drivers?

Sssshhhhh just sit back and enjoy the lows

T/S specs as a whole really. Fs, moving mass, motor force, inductance

What's your box tuned at?? I've found More motor force makes my truck peak at or near tuning ALWAYS!! Was running some custom RE audio destroyers put up a 150.5 sealed at 39hz switched to eclipse Ti's/ TC 5200s that have a TON of motor force and put up a 150.4 at 30hz and box was tuned at 30hz and the ONLY thing that was done was a sub swap....same box,amp,head unit vehicle etc....ask Kevin we were both like WTF!?!? P.s both sets of subs were WELL broken in

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Got my new lap top up and running, and for fun ran out and ran a sweep.

My peak has went from 36 to 32 ?!?!?!

Can someone elaborate? Is it the new stiffer suspention? or what am i not thinking of ?

TIA

Kyle

i would tend to think that a stiffer suspension would increse Fb, but then again this is audio and shit hardly ever seems to do what its told haha. i would think maybe since there is more motor force along with generally being a stronger driver it may be able to control the whole assembly cleaner and more efficiently down lower, not that the sp4s couldnt, especially sense their fs is like 23hz or whatever. but maybe these can with more force/authority.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Ya gotta think man, that vehicle is basically a large 6th order when doors are open, and a large some-fuckin-order sealed box when the truck is sealed. Just like different drivers will change a specific box's specs in free-air, things will change in your vehicle.

I don't know the science, but I would think that more motor force and cone control would lead to this, as mentioned. The SP4's couldn't muster enough strength down low, which is where your box wanted to put em at.

Or something.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

well,

forum is NOT letting me quote anyone.

So KILLA, you hit the nail on the head. Im tuned at 32.

My plan was, I wanted to peak a tad higher, and get my score up a bit, but still hammer the low's fine. I also thought with the FS of the sp4 being mid 20's, and the team being mid 30s, ALSO with more suspension, and motor, my peak would GO UP, from 36 to say 39 or so. That was my goal. BUT, because audio, the exact opposite has happened... lol... Fuck my tits.

well just because peak frequency went down doesnt necessarily mean its quieter. what were your scores at 36hz before the swap and your score at 36hz now, even though its not your peak i woulcnt be completely blown away if you still beat that score, and still had more to go since your peak is lower. whats your score at 32hz now compaired to your old 36hz score. if you beat that too with the new score id be even more impressed since not only did you gain db, you can do it even lower, which for me would be mucho win lol.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived