ToNasty Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Actually I did have 3 separate. Not I'm switching 2 in for a 4ch. I use a Cockbox to split the 4ch and I still have time alignment because the fullrange and tweeter are right next to each other. So it works out ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
White Lightning Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Actually I did have 3 separate. Not I'm switching 2 in for a 4ch. I use a Cockbox to split the 4ch and I still have time alignment because the fullrange and tweeter are right next to each other. So it works out Yep, my midrange and tweets are passive so all I need is a pair of 2 channels for the front. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
LsChevy Posted July 24, 2015 Author Report Posted July 24, 2015 So will the simple 3 way with 6.5's in the doors with tweets and full range in the pillars will be able to keep up with a 10k watt sub stage? I was told by another forum member to ditch the 4" because they will blow. And just stuff as many 6.5's as I can in the doors
White Lightning Posted July 24, 2015 Report Posted July 24, 2015 My plan when done will be a tweet, 5.25" midrange, and a 10" midbass driver for my 3 way front stage ... Mine is for SQ, not 10k ... just saying Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
LsChevy Posted July 25, 2015 Author Report Posted July 25, 2015 I even thought about the idea of going tweeterless and replacing it with a 4" full range driver. 8 for mid bass 6.5 for mid range
ToNasty Posted July 25, 2015 Report Posted July 25, 2015 You will still want a tweeter ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
gckless Posted July 25, 2015 Report Posted July 25, 2015 Use a 4" as a tweeter? No. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted July 25, 2015 Report Posted July 25, 2015 I wouldn't do that. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
jcarter1885 Posted July 25, 2015 Report Posted July 25, 2015 Why not a pair of under dash horns and pair of 8''s for your doors since you are concerned about output? Multiple 6.5''s in the doors wont always yield the best results but some people dont care about staging and imaging. Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface AudioControl DM-608 (2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns (4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5" AudioControl LC-6.1200 (1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz Ampere Audio AA3800.1 Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting) Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk) Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs
DamnDirtyApe Posted July 25, 2015 Report Posted July 25, 2015 TBI HDSS tweeters, hybrid audio Legatia 4 fullrange and 6.5 silverflute for midbass. Staging makes all the difference too $300 Legatias paired with $30 Silverflutes ?? he he
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.