6.5 PWX Crescendos BIG CONCERNS

My soundqubed PA's are high-passed at 80 and have no issues with reproducing that on rated power. Freq response stops at 100hz. What's the explanation on that?

I'm still waiting on andru's explanation on why I have midbass under 100hz when soundqubed says their frequency response doesn't go below that...

what it's rated for and what it can actually do are 2 different things, my neo forte has a freq response of down to 100 hz. it can play some lower note but not well.

I probably shouldn't have compared my PA speakers to those of the OP

the mfr freq response is how low a speaker can play not where you're supposed to set your crossover.

PA speakers can put out great midbass but not as low as I expected

At this point i'm going to shut my fool mouth before it starts an argument and go back to lurking

So this is fun.

OP, what's the plan right now? If I'm understanding correctly, you want to run 6 speakers with 4 channels. Only way I see to do that is to run the front doors with passive crossovers. Otherwise, you could just pick up a small 2 channel for your tweeters. That would be pretty easy and cheap.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

My soundqubed PA's are high-passed at 80 and have no issues with reproducing that on rated power. Freq response stops at 100hz. What's the explanation on that?

I'm still waiting on andru's explanation on why I have midbass under 100hz when soundqubed says their frequency response doesn't go below that...

Frequency response cutoff has a slope. If it says on the box 100hz, that doesn't mean low frequency response magically stops at 100hz, it gently rolls off sounding quieter and quieter. Like how some crossovers are 12db/octave, that means sound output drops by 12db every octave.

So if you set the HPF at 200hz, one octave lower at 100hz the output drops by 12db, another octave lower at 50hz the output drops by another 12db meaning a total of 24, and so on.

Yes, I understand that. I was trying to have him explain why he said for a frequency response that stops at 83, why he is saying he should set the crossover slope at 100-125hz, when a speaker will play past that to a point.

I second that want to know more about this also since I run my mids and tweeters active. About where to properly set ur crossovers and why

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I second that want to know more about this also since I run my mids and tweeters active. About where to properly set ur crossovers and why

Rule of thumb for tweeters is no less than double fs

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived