Moreno93 Posted August 15, 2015 Report Posted August 15, 2015 Bmw's are generally gotten rid of at 100k for good reason. They usually become to costly to fix. I'd seriously steer clear of them for that reason. If you were looking at them at like 50K miles i'd say go for it. And most people drive them like they aren't going to keep them. I say this mainly because my brother has leased or bought BMW's mainly & still gets hit with repairs most recently on his M3. But they are really fun cars to drive so it's a 50/50
Deeznutz Posted August 15, 2015 Report Posted August 15, 2015 Gckless, Update, Lisa and I are in St Pete, FL. (Like right now lol) We hit the auction, won an Brinkman electric smoker. We hit a pawn shop and found a RF 800a2 amp for $80. We were on our way back to that pawn shop to pick it up and flip it for double on Ebay. On the way there the ac compressor cut off. I looked at my gauges and my motor was overheating. I pulled into a parking lot. Seems the CHEAP EBAY RAD I purchased last year went out. My buddy is finding me a new one. Probably $200 for a Febi or Langrfelder equivalent to O.E.M. The last rad was made in Canada for $100. Anyway, the 34mi tow will cost $60 out of pocket difference on top of the road side coverage. I'll fix it Monday. Should take about 2-3 hrs. This will be my 3rd rad since ownership. A small set back but I'm not scared. I should have purchased a Febi the first time!!! Damn it!!! Moral of the story, buy the closest to OEM as possible. This should be the very last ebay item on the car. Everything else I've changed were the brands mentioned. No problems since! Moreno, I will have to kindly disagree with you about "all" owners beating the crap out of Bimmers. One example , like your brother who leases, does not a generality make.- just to prove a point. LOL. A lot of bimmer owners keep detailed records since purchase. Bimmers are investments. The only draw back this repair does bring, since I already shelled out $2600 on extra expenses, the trip and truck,............the fam will not be seeing 'Straight out of Compton' tonight!". Now I'm pissed. -Frank
boom50cal Posted August 15, 2015 Report Posted August 15, 2015 Was gonna suggest the MazdaSpeed3 or 6 but it's only a stick car... Bimmer's are badass fun cars to own and drive, and they are fairly reliable from everything I've been around on them. But when they do break, it is a costly fix nearly everytime. Always gonna recommend a Volvo, my sisters 09 S40 2.4i was picked up for $6k, as is a reaalllllyyy nice daily driver. But not a whole lot of aftermarket other than exterior mods with it. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Deeznutz Posted August 15, 2015 Report Posted August 15, 2015 Boom, Still waiting on the tow truck. We're both sweating like mad. Lisa is panicking..."I'm not panicking". If you hear her voice, she's panicking. LOL. I did look into the c70 T5, but man they depreciate really bad! And your right. Not a lot of mods for the C70 either. Maybe rims only. Not much can be done as far as aftermarket radios go with the weird waterfall dash it comes with!!! -Frank
boom50cal Posted August 15, 2015 Report Posted August 15, 2015 Boom, Still waiting on the tow truck. We're both sweating like mad. Lisa is panicking..."I'm not panicking". If you hear her voice, she's panicking. LOL. I did look into the c70 T5, but man they depreciate really bad! And your right. Not a lot of mods for the C70 either. Maybe rims only. Not much can be done as far as aftermarket radios go with the weird waterfall dash it comes with!!! -Frank running into that problem with my sisters car. Luckily it has bluetooth built in! saved her some money for a few years by throwing my XS D4800 in for her, amped mids and highs are next! it is really odd how they depreciate so bad. but cool at the same time. Where else can you find something that nice, for that cheap? My little Volvo was black leather, full power front seats, heated front heats, auto trans, power sunroof, and a turbo 1.9l 4 cylinder that netted close to 40mpg highway. The new owners came into it for $2300, still regret selling it. Gil, look into Ford Fusions. We just sold a 3.0l v6 loaded up just like my volvo... 2009. super nice ride. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
gckless Posted August 15, 2015 Author Report Posted August 15, 2015 Think I have to go with the Impala. They look like turds but they drive nice and should last more than 100k miles more with cheaper maintenance than a bimmer. There's a 2011 here with 47k on the odometer. Drove it, didn't feel any issues. They want $11.7k though, have to get them down at least another grand. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
baron_of_bass Posted August 15, 2015 Report Posted August 15, 2015 Bmw's are generally gotten rid of at 100k for good reason. They usually become to costly to fix. I'd seriously steer clear of them for that reason. If you were looking at them at like 50K miles i'd say go for it. And most people drive them like they aren't going to keep them. I say this mainly because my brother has leased or bought BMW's mainly & still gets hit with repairs most recently on his M3. But they are really fun cars to drive so it's a 50/50 This, they get pretty expensive after 100k miles. Team Bass-Hz
gally Posted August 15, 2015 Report Posted August 15, 2015 why not getting like a VW Golf R32? 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
boom50cal Posted August 15, 2015 Report Posted August 15, 2015 why not getting like a VW Golf R32? didn't even think about VW. Even a Jetta would be a nice little daily, if a R32 couldn't be found On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
gckless Posted August 15, 2015 Author Report Posted August 15, 2015 http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5174552846.html Just seen this. Bighoss would surely say yes. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.