Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

That g8 has a rebuilt title though, I'd stay far away from that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

G8 GT is a helluva badass daily ride...

Gil I have a friend selling a bolt on SS 02 Camaro with a tad under 60k miles for $6,500, I can get pics if interested...

he like audio? lol camaro+cash for my truck

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

G8 GT is a helluva badass daily ride...

Gil I have a friend selling a bolt on SS 02 Camaro with a tad under 60k miles for $6,500, I can get pics if interested...

he like audio? lol camaro+cash for my truck

not really he likes fast cars. I'll get ahold of him though when he gets on days off. Currently out on a Cactus rig up in the northern part of the state.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

G8 GT is a helluva badass daily ride...

Gil I have a friend selling a bolt on SS 02 Camaro with a tad under 60k miles for $6,500, I can get pics if interested...

No thanks man. I do need 4 doors. Going to snag this Impala tomorrow.

That g8 has a rebuilt title though, I'd stay far away from that.

Yeah I saw that too. And I am going to.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

if youre worried about maintenance then i would worry about getting the impala.. my brother already replaced his radiator 2 times his transmission 1 time. his intake gaskets and other things all under 60k miles.. he already spent more money on repairs than what the car is worth and he still has issues with it

Posted

Taken directly from Wick's post.

LOL....I don't think you have the great 50/50 weight ratio these cars are famous for anymore ...she's squatting just a little bit but I she sounds so good! . The only issues I've ever really have had is just the normal routine maintenance with exception of the drive shaft universal went out. The one thing that suck with BMW is you can NOT replace it , I had to buy another new drive shaft. What people don't realize and BMW's get a bad rap for from the non-mechanic inclined people is these are the easiest cars I have ever worked on, changed the water one time and it took me a whole 45min. from start to finish and since BMW uses a lot of the same parts for almost all there cars price are not as expensive as a person would think . This was my first BMW and it has me sold on BMW for life!

It's true.

Beck/Arnley Water pump $50

Wahler Thermostat $40

Behr Radiator $160

BMW Oring Therm housing $7

So for $257, I have all top shelf OEM supplier equipment (except Beck/Arnley pump but still a well known brand to BMW). Should last 100k miles!!!!

-Frank

Posted

Well thanks guys, but I did go with an Impala. A 2011 with 47k. Could not find a '05 or earlier BMW with less than 100k on the dash. Didn't want to spend money on a car that was a 50/50 turd or just a little work. Of course, I guess that's any car. Oh well. I have high hopes.

I still would love a bimmer one day. Maybe once the wife gets here I give her the Impala ;)

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

Or you can look at it this way, a couple should have a nice car- the wife drives that, and the guy a truck. Alot of my friends have this sort of set up.

Ofcourse Lisa and I aren't married so, she has her new Jeep and I have my old Bimmer, old Camaro, old Jimmy, old ZX7R, see same pattern.

If we were married, she would have a 335ic with all the bells and whistles, because that's the car I want. She just happens to like it as well.

You're going to have to splurge alittle before you get the greys dude!

-Frank

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 595 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...