Big 3 battery to alternator ? (two questions)

I have the big 3 done on my car (shop used 0 gauge Stringer).

I plan on installing a third party high output alternator next week and I have two questions.

1. Does the zero gauge wire from my XS D3400 to the alternator need a fuse in the middle ? (right now its just running from the battery to the alternator, it's about 18 inches long).

2. Would I need to still use the factory power wire on the alternator ? The guy installing the alternator said as long as there's a wire from the battery to the alt then I shouldn't need it. I need to know because the stock power wire is too short to reach the new alternator (I don't want to pay to have it extended or replaced if I don't even need it).

A fuse on the wire isn't needed, but wouldn't hurt. I don't have one, and many others don't either, but some want one. Your call.

And I was always told to keep the factory wiring. You aren't replacing wire, just adding wire. Getting rid of factory wiring could cause an issue. Better to be safe and just leave it.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

no need to have the original wire put back on. the current will take the least resistive path regardless. doesn't hurt to still have it, but not absolutely necessary.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

True. In most cases it will make no difference. Have just heard that sometimes it can trip a light, or cause an issue. Most cases you will be fine tho. If it will be a hassle to extend it, then don't worry about it.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Fusing doesn't cause a problem unless you fuse larger than the wires capacity for current and you're able to generate more current than the wire can handle. As for your link to a fuse? Use google. Look at all of the SMD partners on the home page here. It's not hard.

Archived