Sundown Audio

2.4k amps

MusicHead804

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

That efficiency is pretty awful.

Personally I'd be looking for a used Kicker 2500.1 which you should be able to find for 450$ range. They're solid and make max power to 2 ohm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taramps-HD-2500-2-ohms-Full-Range-Amplifier-High-Definition-Taramps-amp-/181794567161?hash=item2a53ccf3f9

I've had good luck with Brazilian amps myself but you'll get mixed reviews. I'd suggest if you go with this, buy the "square trade" warranty so that if it breaks you don't have to dick around trying to ship it to Brazil for repairs.

AQ2200, been mentioned? Can probably find a used one in your price range.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

The rockville amps were mentioned. I just got 1 a couple of weeks ago and I am really surprised by it. I can't speak on longevity but if you go by the cea rating then it does what it says. I have the rxd-m3 1k rms for $125. The rxd-m4 which is what you would be looking for is like $150. Right now only one place carries them. Audio Savings. You can go their website or ebay.

Still learning but have started gathering.

You could also try out one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/FSD-Audio-3800-Watt-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B00WZUX0VY

Looks like they only have 1 left for $425. Looks promising from what i've read about them, but they are yet to be proven by any tests or benchmarks since they seem to be really new.

You could also try out one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/FSD-Audio-3800-Watt-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B00WZUX0VY

Looks like they only have 1 left for $425. Looks promising from what i've read about them, but they are yet to be proven by any tests or benchmarks since they seem to be really new.

Nice. Look decent. I'd like to see some numbers on these

Why are all you guys recommending he spend his money on fucking garbage?

You might as well tell him to buy a shark 3500.

It's good for the money right?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Why are all you guys recommending he spend his money on fucking garbage?

You might as well tell him to buy a shark 3500.

It's good for the money right?

Some people have to stick to there budget. I'm one of those people. I can only spend so much. Does that mean I shouldn't be able to have anything but stock stereo?

Please tell me why the rockville that I mentioned is garbage?

How hard is it to just save money for a longer period of time to get something worth buying?

I shouldn't have to explain why those Rockville amps aren't worth buying.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived