Sonic Electronix

So I'm trying to learn this better and it's always been a struggle for me. Can someone link me the best tools for finding angles? aay I'm building a wedge box. How do I cut the pieces so that they butt up flush and there's not a gap? Does that make sense?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I don't know why I struggle with it so bad. I'll look into the digital one ! So if I had that and laid it over the corner of a wedge box and cut the edge of it at that angle it would fit flush?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

easier way guys and dont have to pay for nothing have your bottom piece set then get scrap piece of wood and then overlap it on its side to the degree you want your front plate to be and mark it.... now just go back to your table saw and tilt your blade till you have the angle you marked on the bottom piece then

for your front plate just cut to size and your done you just made a butt joint :)

ill try to get picture so you guys can get a better idea of what im talking about hard to explain over text .... and yes this method can be do with a skill saw just takes a little bit more work and might not be that precise (theres always PL x8 to fill up the gap) :lol:

easier way guys and dont have to pay for nothing have your bottom piece set then get scrap piece of wood and then overlap it on its side to the degree you want your front plate to be and mark it.... now just go back to your table saw and tilt your blade till you have the angle you marked on the bottom piece then

for your front plate just cut to size and your done you just made a butt joint :)

ill try to get picture so you guys can get a better idea of what im talking about hard to explain over text .... and yes this method can be do with a skill saw just takes a little bit more work and might not be that precise (theres always PL x8 to fill up the gap) :lol:

Curious to see you do this. I use a protractor, but if yours is more precise then I'm in!

When trying to figure out the rear seat angle, in the past I would lay down the bottom layer of wood and butt it against the rear seat. I would grab a.scrap piece of wood, with the exact height you need, and hold it perpendicular to the bottom board and up against the rear seat. You will be forming a triangle. Make a mark where the scrap wood sits on the board. Depending on the height, its usually 4-4.5" deep at the base of the triangle.

Transfer the measurements and draw them on a board. Once you have your triangle, use a protractor to find your angle.

Once you find that,your tablesaw degree angle. Will probably be in the 20's, 22.5, 24,.Something like that. I've done a few boxes so these numbers are what I recall..

-Frank

Archived