Jump to content

6 x 9's ?


jessdabest77

Recommended Posts

Posted

In the 02 blazer,the back take's 6 x 9's and I was looking into the PRV or Incriminator Audio. Leaning more towards the IA's cus they're on sale right now,but should I? I really wanted to but in some 6 1/2's but I'd have to build a pod for it and can't seem to find any pic's on that is why.

Posted

Do a good 6.5 scrap the 6x9

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Do the 6x9s if you want. They always get a bad rap but work well if your looking for more midbass. And most on here will tell you scrap the back speakers anyway.

Posted

bcbrassard-

Not trying to highjack thread but lets say you have a 4 door pickup truck. Would you still ditch the rear components?

 

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

4 Ampere 6.5 components 4 tweets

Ampere 150.4 way

Norcal SS Custom 3/5 Lowering Kit with 3inch Lower Control Arms

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

 

Posted

bcbrassard-

Not trying to highjack thread but lets say you have a 4 door pickup truck. Would you still ditch the rear components?

I am not most on here and run rear speakers for fill. And i run RF T169's in the wife Malibu of a T400-4. I like rear fill. Is it more expensive to set up... Yes. And i dont have issues with oval speakers either. Not that my Lancer has any but other builds i have done do. I get the tuning and why everyone says go components over coax speakers. IMO its not so much the speaker as it is the install and prep for the speakers to sound there best. And location.

I just think if someone want to use 6x9's and as long as they have all the info about the pros and cons let them. You always want your front stage to have the best speakers and sound. Hell run the back Of the HU to keep cost down. Face it, anything is better than stock Speakers with a stock HU.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 962 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...