Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

How to use DD-1 with amp more powerful than sub RMS


Recommended Posts

Posted

This is probably a stupid question, but I have a 1500w amp and a 1000w RMS sub. How do I tune the amp properly using a DD-1 without going over the recommend RMS of the sub? I don't really want to be pushing too much power to the sub over the RMS.

Posted

The jist of it is start at -0db, see how that treats you. Slowly step your way down the chain until you get to your desired tone, paying attention to thermal limits(smell) and mechanical limits(knocking/rubbing)

Posted

Not a bad idea, though I'm not sure what could be gained by doing so

Posted
Posted

You know what.... I just remembered this slick little gadget that if budget allows, could be a useful tool. VCi-1. It's an infrared temperature meter that measures the temperature of your voiceoil.

http://audiosoundsystems.squarespace.com/vci/

Posted

In my opinion, granting a decent enclosure, that sub should take the 1500 all day.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2156 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...