Jump to content

Need some advice -- 2 sp4 18" in wall


Recommended Posts

Posted

Heya all,

First I'd like to introduce myself, Yannick, from France, 20yo :)

Now, I would like some help for my wall design, how many cubes would you use to put 2 FI SP4 18" ? Would like to tune @24Hz.

Car would be a VW Golf III, will have 5 PC4000 batteries, 1 x 372A Mechman Alt and 1 DC 9.0k amp.

I forgot to say I haven't enough space for a 4th order :( So I stay on normal wall.

BladeIce (official FI seller in Europe) told me about 13cuft Net, seems a little small in my opinion, and you ?

Thanks :D

Posted

13 cubes sounds about right depending on power. Are you sure you want to tune so low?

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

 

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Posted

I would tune higher maybe at min 28hz.. Those things will dig low

Edit: 13cf sounds about right. Me personally would probably go a hair smaller 12cf

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

I like big boxes. I'd do like 15cubes with 160" of port tuned to 28-30hz

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted
Posted

a buddy has 2 sp4 18's on 12k in a 14 cube wall tuned to 30hz. gets down like a mofo

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

 

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Posted

13 cubes sounds about right depending on power. Are you sure you want to tune so low?

Sure I want to tune so low lol, need to get low as possible, I don't like to play @more than 28-29hz, want to see how low these woofers can go ^^

If it's tuned too low I'll cut the port to go highter ^^

Thanks for the advices all ! Will make a build log when I'll begin to work in the car ;)

Posted

13 cubes sounds about right depending on power. Are you sure you want to tune so low?

Sure I want to tune so low lol, need to get low as possible, I don't like to play @more than 28-29hz, want to see how low these woofers can go ^^

If it's tuned too low I'll cut the port to go highter ^^

Thanks for the advices all ! Will make a build log when I'll begin to work in the car ;)

I think the same way as you.... Curious how it will sound. Do a build log

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

Posted

Sure I'll do a build log, think in US you've never seen a little car with 2 monster woofers ^^

Something I didn't ask, I never understood what value I have to consider for displacement, anyone can explain it to me ? and how if that value for one sp4 18" ?

Posted

displacement for a sp4 18 is .26 cubes, that is how much airspace the sub itself takes up

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 474 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...