Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Playing 12s in the lows


Lakeshow94

Recommended Posts

Posted

If I am looking for a 12 that can play lows very well what would I be looking for in terms of t/s parameters etc? I currently am running a ct sounds meso 15 in a 3.25 net tuned at 29. If I wanted to replicate that system as closely as possible with a 12" sub what would I look for? I'm switching from a 98 camry to a 99 gs300 and space is definitely an issue in that trunk. Please don't start recommending actual subwoofers as I don't want this to turn into a vs thread :/

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Posted

I'd bet you can still fit a single 15 in that trunk.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

I'd bet you can still fit a single 15 in that trunk.

It would be very custom. Width I can fit is 38" or so. Height is 16". Depth is 16" and it hits a lip that raises it 2-3". A few inches farther back the width goes down to 28". Not to mention room for batteries/amps.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Posted

I wouldn't want to make a small 15 box. I'm at 3.25 net right now and I'd prefer somewhere around 3.75-4

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Posted

Large Xmax and big surrounds don't always equal lower frequency response.

Model the complete set of t/s parameters and compare response for optimum enclosures. Something as simple as the spreadsheet on DIYSubwoofers.org works great.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

RE XXX would be nice.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

  • Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

 
Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
Posted

I love the look of those. I guess do to the fact that I have to wait a few months before I get into woofer shopping the fact that they're not out shouldn't be a problem. Do you know if fi has released any specs on them yet?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Posted

Sundowns. My buddies 12s just hammer them lows

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3073 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...