Second Skin Audio

Net volume for 4 Fi Team 15s

magillaru

"move the port"

Move it where?

I really don't want driver's side.

I just don't know how I'm going to get it done without bending the port. Trying to get the tuning I want with the net volume and port area, I'm beginning to think is going to be impossible......

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

I think 3.5 will be a bit small for a 15", even at that power. Depends on the response you would like to get and what is the frequency that you want max spl at.

The benefits of a smaller low tuned enclosure are that you have better frequency range and that the cone control is better at higher frequencies.

On lower than tuning frequencies the control is similar, because below tuning you're basically playing free air.

The negative side is that cone excursion at and around tuning will be less, so it won't be that louder on those frequencies and will get hotter because there is less impedance rise (more power) and less cone movement to cool off the coil.

The benefits of a bigger low tuned enclosure are thermal power handling at and around tuning, will play louder near tuning and you can use a shorter port.

Negative side is that you will have a narrower bandwidth (loss of higher freq's). The less cone control above tuning can be compensated with a proper LPF adjustment.

Probably you will be good with 4 - 4.2 cu.ft.

That's my opinion, based on my experience with other subs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

edit.. nevermind what i said... im just happy to be here

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I think 3.5 will be a bit small for a 15", even at that power. Depends on the response you would like to get and what is the frequency that you want max spl at.

The benefits of a smaller low tuned enclosure are that you have better frequency range and that the cone control is better at higher frequencies.

On lower than tuning frequencies the control is similar, because below tuning you're basically playing free air.

The negative side is that cone excursion at and around tuning will be less, so it won't be that louder on those frequencies and will get hotter because there is less impedance rise (more power) and less cone movement to cool off the coil.

The benefits of a bigger low tuned enclosure are thermal power handling at and around tuning, will play louder near tuning and you can use a shorter port.

Negative side is that you will have a narrower bandwidth (loss of higher freq's). The less cone control above tuning can be compensated with a proper LPF adjustment.

That's my opinion, based on my experience with other subs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't listen to this clown. Knows nothing.

I'm going to keep playing with the numbers but this is what I have so far......

*Tuning is higher than I want and port area is a little less than what I was planning. End correction should bring down the tuning a little bit.

37hz%2016.4%20net_zpsd05ioj8e.jpg

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Didn't get if your responses were sarcastic or not.. I'm also here to learn, and you guys have much more experience than me. If you don't agree with me, just say why. No hard feelings :)

Didn't get if your responses were sarcastic or not.. I'm also here to learn, and you guys have much more experience than me. If you don't agree with me, just say why. No hard feelings :)
Take 5% of Kyles posts seriously.

If that.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Take 5% of Kyles posts seriously.

If that.

I hate you.

:)

If you want your roof to flap. Do the driver port meter better and stick everyone in the driver seat for demos

Fone

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The entire roof will be welded and covered with wood panels so that shouldn't be a problem......I'm not big fan of a top port.

Meter is the least of my concern and this is my daily (for the moment) so I'm really trying to avoid drivers port.

I'm picky. Haha

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived