Genesis coupe drag car build log

tuned

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I hear you I hope I'm fast enough to run with those guys... I'm basing my build offor of something similar to boosted gt and Chuck (before he put big tires on it) I never want to be a big tire car and I don't care if that means I won't be the fastest biggest tire I'll run is a 28x10.5 slick but I'll probably be on a 275 radial most of the time for street driving

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

nooo I don't mean any of that shit. I mean the high 8 to mid 10 second street cars in OKC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03H7AAezxGY

meh. sad the paxton car I did dropped a carrier bearing that night or we would have been fucking shit up in it on an e85 tune since it's everywhere in OKC

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I have a station close to me and this car will be tuned for it I plan to run the holley dominator efi and getting the selector switch for changing different tunes on the fly

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

You know you have to make lots of changes to run e85 right?

It's not just a tune.

And not all e85 is actually e85.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It's not just a tune.

Tune for e85 and run 7s. It's that easy

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

It's not just a tune.

besides the fact that i have to replace my entire fuel system anyway for the motor swap on a modern vehicle it really isnt that big of deal to run e85 besides making sure the fuel pump and injectors can keep up with the extra volume needed to run e85 so yes basically it is just a tune

It's not just a tune.

Tune for e85 and run 7s. It's that easy

dude fuck you if you dont like something why do you even post just go bash someone elses thread

Well, not to pile on the shit but aiming for 7s when you don't even have a motor built seems insanely ambitious. If you had past experience, or something to show, people might take you seriously. For now why should anyone think you're more than just another punk who wants to be fast and furious.

Personally, I'd love to see 7s out of this thing. And anything is possible. But until you have a time slip showing 8s it's a pipe dream.

7s is very fast. Suspension, setting up that suspension, fat tires, and the ability to drive a short-wheelbase monster like that. On that last point, I hope you know drag racing is ALOT more than smashing the throttle in a straight line.

10s is more realistic, and go from there. Or hell, stop throwing numbers around, build it an see what it does.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I've stated multiple times that I'm gping for 10some then I'll work from there... the wheelbase really isn't that short it's 111" which is longer than both the Mustang and camaro and people build drag cars out of those all day long I agree that 7s is very fast and no I don't expect to get there with stock suspension or on radials (it would be nice to do on radials) on the topic of drag racing is a lot more than smashing the throttle in a straight line the dominator has built in traction control (with an add on box) and the tuning possibilities are endless and it will take time but with enough time and money it will eventually go 7s a 10 sec time slip is my goal at this point

Archived