Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

If you're wired to .8, why would your amp see 1 ohm?

Just a thought ? My 4ohm DVC subs dont measure exactly 4ohms, each voice coil show up at 3.7 to 3.8 each coil and each sub wired parallel shows up at 1.7-1.8 on my DMM so if each sub shows 1.8 on my DMM together its .8 to .9 not EXACTLY 1 ohm but the amp might see it at .8 or 1 ohm load who knows....... no 4ohm or 2ohm sub i ever bought was exactly 4 or 2 ohm its always been plus or minus .2 of the rating

Please explain the relevance of your gain not even being 1/2 up.

Ive seen Some people turn their gain up 3/4 or more and at volume 10 outta say 35 it super loud and just clips the shit out of the sub and the amp goes into protect mode, im sure u have heard of someone making an amp clip causing it to to go into protection mode ? If he didnt properly tune the amp it might be clipping and turning off trying to protect itself. There is plenty of people that truley dont know how to tune an amp to match the output of the sub if they dont have the proper tools such as a DD1 or oscope, it can be dont with a DMM to get you in the ball park....
I understand how to set a gain, just not sure what you mean by saying it's not even 1/2 way up. What is the relevance of where the gain knob is actually turned to?

Are you implying you could turn the gain up more?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Please explain the relevance of your gain not even being 1/2 up.

Ive seen Some people turn their gain up 3/4 or more and at volume 10 outta say 35 it super loud and just clips the shit out of the sub and the amp goes into protect mode, im sure u have heard of someone making an amp clip causing it to to go into protection mode ? If he didnt properly tune the amp it might be clipping and turning off trying to protect itself. There is plenty of people that truley dont know how to tune an amp to match the output of the sub if they dont have the proper tools such as a DD1 or oscope, it can be dont with a DMM to get you in the ball park....
I understand how to set a gain, just not sure what you mean by saying it's not even 1/2 way up. What is the relevance of of where the gain know is actually turned to?

Are you implying you could turn the gain up more?

I known you know how to set the gains lol ur a heavy hitter in the audio world..... talking about less knowledgable people setting gains way too high becaus they havent researched how to do it yet... my relation was my gain was less than half and it plays strong, said member may have his 2/3 up and realise its too high and going into protect mode... i set mine with kenwood excelon x399 at volume 31/35 using a 40hz test tone at 0dB and all EQ at zero and did the math square root of 1500 watts at one ohm is 38.72 so i used my DMM on A/C volts and turned my gain wup till i saw 38 volts ac and hooked subs up and tuned the SSF and LPF

With out a DD-1 or oscope i feel safe using this method there is plenty of people that use this method until they got the proper tools.

Please just stop.

Wow dude........ hows that weather up there on that high horse of yours ? My response was to that joe guy saying his gain MIGHT be set too high causing his amp to overload or he might have a bad ground or power connection and go into protection mode... but u seem to go out of your way to call me out and try to make me look or feel stupid. My hats off to you man you did a great job :) i just though a "high ranked" member as your self that u might be alittle more humble and take pride in helping people gain knowledge in the audio world like you recieved when u were climbing the latter..... have a nice night

I known you know how to set the gains lol ur a heavy hitter in the audio world..... talking about less knowledgable people setting gains way too high becaus they havent researched how to do it yet... my relation was my gain was less than half and it plays strong, said member may have his 2/3 up and realise its too high and going into protect mode... i set mine with kenwood excelon x399 at volume 31/35 using a 40hz test tone at 0dB and all EQ at zero and did the math square root of 1500 watts at one ohm is 38.72 so i used my DMM on A/C volts and turned my gain wup till i saw 38 volts ac and hooked subs up and tuned the SSF and LPF

With out a DD-1 or oscope i feel safe using this method there is plenty of people that use this method until they got the proper tools.

Appreciate the compliment, I am far from anything in the car audio world. I know barely enough to not burn a vehicle down! The DMM method could be argued to me not much better than setting by ear though. It's good you at least understand the gain is not a volume knob though, lots of people haven't even figured that out yet.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived