Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

A dick to your ears? :peepwall::)

So you can hear it coming?
Because the difference between 'it does rated' at one frequency for one test is a whole lot different than 'it sounds good'...
Oh ok. The amp dyno is worthless. Now it all makes sense.

Never said that.

In my 20+ year career I've critically listened to hundreds if not thousands of amps. They sound different. Every one.

You must have some of the best ears on earth to be able to hear the difference between every single amp.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

A dick to your ears? :peepwall::)

So you can hear it coming?
Because the difference between 'it does rated' at one frequency for one test is a whole lot different than 'it sounds good'...
Oh ok. The amp dyno is worthless. Now it all makes sense.
Never said that.

In my 20+ year career I've critically listened to hundreds if not thousands of amps. They sound different. Every one.

You must have some of the best ears on earth to be able to hear the difference between every single amp.

Go into any shop with a switching board. Even through miles of cable you can easily tell the differences after gain matching the two amps. Same source, same speaker, no processing. Switch the amps only.

Static drops are my bag.

Actually, I'll give you that one Broke--in today's market where companies buy a board from a catalog and put it in a case from another catalog there is likely little difference comparing cheap amp to cheap amp. I never cared enough to test cheap ones though.

Back when they made their own amps there were definite sound differences.

Static drops are my bag.

Slamming beats, no one said it was the $150 amp its far from it. But the fact of the matter is that it works better than say plye or boss (not saying much) there is a guy who recently posted pics of him running four 15's at .5 ohm on the rockville m-4 and he thumped it till he upgraded his subs and amp. Some people are confusing rockville with rockwood, not the same. There ARE wayyyy better amps out there but the rockville rated at 1 ohm stable played at .5 daily for user "shadetreemechanic" and he wasnt disappointed while he was using it neither am i or other members who have used rockville amp. Rockville has its place on the totum pole, low end but the fact is it worked for what it needed to do durring its use.... i bet there is plenty of higher end equipment yall have in your vehicals that dont do exactly rated power, might be a little under or a little over. I doubt everyone dynos every amp they personally own to check or if their decks to make sure their 4 volt or 6 volts preouts do exactly 4 or 6 volts. Just my opinion, im gonna wait for the shit to head my way now....

This is the audipipe 1500acl all over again

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I don't know about that nate. But I do feel some people judge quality by pricetag. That doesn't always ring true. $150 has nothing to do with the equation except to the people wondering if they paid to much for their equipment. What matters is what the amplifier does. So far I think the score is 4 to 0 on if the amp is doing what it's supposed to. Now the longevity can't be spoken for yet but if nobody buys them and runs them then that question could never be answered. Like I said I'm not promoting the amp just chiming in with my personal experience.

Still learning but have started gathering.

I'll state my issue with it again. The company is deceiving people into buying an amp that doesn't do what the company says it does. They actually go as far as to list 2 different RMS ratings. And to top it off, the amp actually doesn't output either of the RMS ratings. That's my beef, supporting a company that flat out lies. If you are OK with that and know that you are getting a lower quality (not bad necessarily) piece of equipment then that's your thing. What we are doing here is discussing opinions and my opinion is that the amp and company aren't worth my dollars. I would rather pay to run other equipment, even if it's significantly more money.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I think alot of us just hate the BS and lies in the product description; I know I do. Why not just call it what it is?

If it does 1000 rms why not call it the rockville 1000D... instead they hype the living hell out of it, add a bunch of jargon that doesn't even make sense, and they created a name that is so close to Rockford (an industry leader) that it's a sin.

Clean power is clean power, reliability, build quality, and the ability to make a lot of clean power are what determines a quality amp.

at least to me.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived