Second Skin Audio

Fi n2 12's 4th order huuuge

noser7

I dont know much at all about Fis neo subs, but 2 cubes per sub sealed sounds massive for a twelve... like double the "norm"

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Just build a regular ported box. Those N2 will shine on that power. It will be safer too !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

N2s would do fine in a 4th order

Where do you pull this shit they wont work in a 4th order???? Really everyone????? If you havnt had a n2 in a forth don't post in his thread...... Espically if youe just blabing off crap..... Get your facts....

I would do .75-1 cube each sealed and 3x that ported tune to 48

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

On paper the sp4 is a more 4th order freindly sub.....

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

1.5-2.5 cubes sealed sounds huge for a 12" sub. That sounds a lot like the specs for the ported side. Most 12" subs are going to want more like 1 cube each sealed.

You gotta be real careful with your sealed chamber size. Cone excursion goes up fast as your sealed side gets bigger. Like CleanSierra said, you will wreck your subs pretty fast if you don't get that chamber sized correctly.

This box is for a blow through right?

i was gonna say i was gonna do like 1.8 to 2 cubes for my team 15's, but i dont know what im doing.

N2s would do fine in a 4th order

Where do you pull this shit they wont work in a 4th order???? Really everyone????? If you havnt had a n2 in a forth don't post in his thread...... Espically if youe just blabing off crap..... Get your facts....

I would do .75-1 cube each sealed and 3x that ported tune to 48

The Efficiency bandwidth product is 156. That's WELL WELL outside the range of a sub that is suited for a sealed enclosure. Yes, I'm sure they can run in a 4th order bandpass, but that isn't their ideal environment. I've seen guys run the Fi BL in 4th order BP also, and those subs aren't sealed friendly either. You can make anything work, but it won't be the most efficient setup in the world.

Me personally, I'd run a sub that is SUPPOSED to be in the enclosure I intend on running.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Reason for the choice of box is because i dont want my bass amp in the trunk id much rather like it in the cabin. But the only space i have is right behind the passenger seat, which means the port is narrowed down to half of my back wall get me? Thatd the reason for a 4th so i can run a driver side port

Archived