Second Skin Audio

Single 12 on SQ4500 Recommendation please

Frank H

If you go to the Sundown only page on Facebook, they will advise you that you'll be fine with a single Zv4 series on that power. Probably at half ohm. Also, the sub will likely laugh at that power and want more.

And I personally would agree with them :D If you look at my signature you'll see why.

After impedance rise in the OP's case he would be seeing 2000-2500 watts at best, I don't see why the ZV4 or any of the mentioned subs wouldn't handle it.

Every one of the recommended subs will do the trick, it's a matter of personal choice.

If you go to the Sundown only page on Facebook, they will advise you that you'll be fine with a single Zv4 series on that power. Probably at half ohm. Also, the sub will likely laugh at that power and want more.

And I personally would agree with them :D If you look at my signature you'll see why.

After impedance rise in the OP's case he would be seeing 2000-2500 watts at best, I don't see why the ZV4 or any of the mentioned subs wouldn't handle it.

Every one of the recommended subs will do the trick, it's a matter of personal choice.

If you have to build to compensate for impedance rise, maybe learn how to actually design and build an enclosure? I'm sorry but 4500W to a 1750W sub is straight jackass. This whole "laughing at that power" shit needs to die. The sub is designed to take 1750W daily, it doesn't need more than that to do its job properly. All it does with that extra power is turn it into heat. Heat kills equipment. If you're only getting 2000W from a 4500W amp, learn how to build a better box...

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

If you have to build to compensate for impedance rise, maybe learn how to actually design and build an enclosure? I'm sorry but 4500W to a 1750W sub is straight jackass. This whole "laughing at that power" shit needs to die. The sub is designed to take 1750W daily, it doesn't need more than that to do its job properly. All it does with that extra power is turn it into heat. Heat kills equipment. If you're only getting 2000W from a 4500W amp, learn how to build a better box...

This.

OP, what sort of battery bank do you have? I see the 275A in your sig, but going from 2k to 4k is a bit of a jump.

IMO, you're looking for a 4" coil. I'm not a fan of the HDCs, but that's simply my opinion. So SSA, Fi, Sundown, older TC Sounds, Tantric SHD (I know I'll get shit, but the motor is damn good, just DO NOT BUY from Murphy, find it used), and a few others I know I'm forgetting.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

After impedance rise in the OP's case he would be seeing 2000-2500 watts at best

Are you just fucking pulling numbers out of your god damned ass here, or have you become the first person on this planet to ever figure out how to calculate the reactance of a completed acoustical reproduction system before all of the components are even decided on?

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Maybe I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass, so I'll stop. Just speaking from my experience, which is nothing compared to yours. No need for harsh comments, I'm just here to learn and try to be helpful from time to time. Apparently I'm not.

I have a d34 yellow top in the hood and another same battery in the trunk.

Didn't get my woofer for christmas so now I'm ready to shop.

Scion xB
Singer 275
Big 3 OFC 1/0
Kenwood ddx492
Alpine 4ch f600 - Alpine components

SoundQubed 4500 - Sundown Audio X12

Archived