Second Skin Audio

12" Sub Replacements

RyanRosier

Currently I have two Kicker Comp S 12's. Some hate kicker some love em. That's beside the point though. I'm looking for a good set of replacment subs. 12's and preferably around 300 RMS apiece, and that can use the 1.89 Cubic Feet of Air apiece they've got right now. Also something thats got a 6 inch or less mounting depth, I could go a bit larger with a spacer ring, but I'm in a regular cab so foot room for a 6' 2" man in crucial. I'm looking for SQ mainly but still want a good SPL. On my meter at home I'm hittin about a 110 (Don't judge, I'll one day get it higher but till then I wanna enjoy my music quality :P )

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Is that 1.89 cubic feet per side or altogether?

Sealed or ported?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Sealed or ported?

Crap meant to be specific on that all so no one would have to ask questions, like make it really quick and easy on yall. But per side, and sealed.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

That's not much space to deal with for two subs. You could get away with some shallow mount subs, like the Kicker CompRT's or the Rockford Fosgate P3SD4's. Personally, with the space you have available, I'd recommend looking into a more powerful 10" in the 600-800w range if you are looking for a little more SPL. Maybe something like a SoundQubed HDS310.

That's not much space to deal with for two subs. You could get away with some shallow mount subs, like the Kicker CompRT's or the Rockford Fosgate P3SD4's. Personally, with the space you have available, I'd recommend looking into a more powerful 10" in the 600-800w range if you are looking for a little more SPL. Maybe something like a SoundQubed HDS310.

How is 1.89cubes per sub not enough for 12"s?

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Sealed or ported?

Crap meant to be specific on that all so no one would have to ask questions, like make it really quick and easy on yall. But per side, and sealed.

1.89 net per side sounds like a big box for a reg cab, certainly big for most 12s on sealed, would be great if you posted your box dimensions.

How is 1.89cubes per sub not enough for 12"s?

I see it now. Didn't go past the original post.

Think your db meter needs a once over because any two 12"s in a box that size goosed with a few hundred watts in a single cab trunk should be WELL over 110db. 130's all day.

And you currently have the Kicker CompS? Why are you replacing them? Just trying to be louder? You've got the wattage to push something better? Or the wallet? The CompR is under 6" mounting depth...

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived