Second Skin Audio

So what's up with EMF?

Wasteland_Audio

If I was in the marked for new subs EMF or Sundown would be my only choice.

All these companies saying they dont use off the shelf parts, but use 4 and 12 spoke baskets and now the old TI baskets...

Care to explain why? I'm not trolling, just curious because I respect respect your input.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Because the standards of changed, the same ol 8inch spider is played out, used and abused.

The TI baskets isnt all that bad, but from its base to the spider landing its still rather shallow.

However using the TI is still a step in the right direction compared to the over abundance of the 12 spoke baskets out there.

Your good for about 35mm xmax one way before its no longer linear on a TI basket.

You look at a Sundown X sub and your talking 51mm xmax 1 way.

Both the Ti and the X sub using a 10inch spider.

When you break the mold and do R&D work your able to come up with a better overall outcome, but it costs more.

But yet you get these companies coming out with these new products like FU talking about how they are so great, when all they are doing is something someone else did 5 years earlier.
Anytime a company takes something above and beyond than the traditional things they were doing is a move in the right direction, like those new 12inch spider landing B2 baskets.

Because the standards of changed, the same ol 8inch spider is played out, used and abused.

The TI baskets isnt all that bad, but from its base to the spider landing its still rather shallow.

However using the TI is still a step in the right direction compared to the over abundance of the 12 spoke baskets out there.

Your good for about 35mm xmax one way before its no longer linear on a TI basket.

When you break the mold and do R&D work your able to come up with a better overall outcome, but it costs more.

But yet you get these companies coming out with these new products like FU talking about how they are so great, when all they are doing is something someone else did 5 years earlier.

Anytime a company takes something above and beyond than the traditional things they were doing is a move in the right direction, like those new 12inch spider landing B2 baskets.

I'm not one to talk shit, so don't take this as me being a mindless hater. But all the Sundown subs I've seen either in person or on video don't seem to be throwing all that much. No more than TI subs do.

So what your saying is you would buy an EMF sub before buying a B2 sub...

You do realize that there is more to a company than just the product. Good luck getting a recone from EMF, because once he has your money he's done with you.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

So what your saying is you would buy an EMF sub before buying a B2 sub...

You do realize that there is more to a company than just the product. Good luck getting a recone from EMF, because once he has your money he's done with you.

I disagree. Again I have not 1 problem with sean. Have spoken to him many times. He has helped me many times. He has good CS

I'm not one to talk shit, so don't take this as me being a mindless hater. But all the Sundown subs I've seen either in person or on video don't seem to be throwing all that much. No more than TI subs do.
http://youtu.be/RYBtzhzvJsE

Watch excursion as 1:30 in video... Full excursion

Or you can watch my nsv3 18s full excusion at 28seconds in video.. Also vote for me in system of the month wink wink

http://youtu.be/GThGL_3PKto

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Why does everyone care about excursion? Is this a way to judge how loud(before you say how low, I'll concede)a sub plays, by watching it?

Everyone's about HUGE motor force and lots of moving mass these days. How did that business model work out for Tantric, just curious?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived