Sonic Electronix

Loud buzzing from wire interference behind headunit. Can't find a solution

What head unit? Buzzing from sub? We need more information about what you have and how it is installed. What kind of buzz? Only while engine is running? Buzz from front speakers on deck power? Buzz from the deck itself? What amp? What sub? What car? Does it buzz with engine off? Any pictures of deck wiring? If not then take some and post them up.

We can keep guessing but it won't do you any good.

Need Input.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

What head unit? Buzzing from sub? We need more information about what you have and how it is installed. What kind of buzz? Only while engine is running? Buzz from front speakers on deck power? Buzz from the deck itself? What amp? What sub? What car? Does it buzz with engine off? Any pictures of deck wiring? If not then take some and post them up.

We can keep guessing but it won't do you any good.

Need Input.

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-X397

the buzzing is coming from my speakers. NOT from the sub

the speakers are running off of headunit power, no amp

The buzzing is only when the engine is running

The headunit was installed a few years back by Cartoys. All they did was use butt connectors to connect the aftermarket headunit wires to the oem headunit wires

I dont have any pics right now because its the middle of night, ill try to get some up tomorrow

What i would do, is to go to a scrap yard and cut a harness from one there and solder it into your car and get the correct adapter.

Now would be the perfect time to fix all that wiring mess with soldering and shrink tubing the wires back to the harness from your scrap yard adventure.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

im most likely not going to have this car for more than a few months because I am selling it for a better vehicle. Is there anything a little simpler i could do for the time being.

It's almost always a ground issue or a wire touching metal. Run your own frame ground direct to the head unit by pass the hack job.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived