No, you are wrong, I dont know of a single vehicle using LEDs for low and high beam headlights as of yet.

They are just using them for running lights, brake lights, and turning signals.

Every company selling LED headlights are saying not for street legal use.

Our MDX has full LED headlights

All MDX models are equipped with Jewel Eye® LED headlights. In addition to giving the MDX an elegant appearance, the five LEDs on each side provide a whiter, brighter beam, use less energy and last significantly longer than HID or halogen headlights.

The low beams are comprised of the outer three LEDs on each side. Each lens is precisely aimed to focus the LED beam over a longer and wider surface area so you see the road more clearly while not blinding oncoming traffic.

When the high beams activate the two inner LEDs on each side, you can identify distant objects 200 milliseconds sooner than with conventional lights. At 60 mph, the vehicle will have traveled over 17 feet in that time.

During the day, all ten lenses act as daytime running lights, giving the MDX a distinctive light signature both day and night.

Even when turned off, the reflective surfaces behind the lenses give the lights a bright, jewel-like appearance.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I live in Minnesota and the weather is obviously cold here and I lose a ballast or bulb about two maybe three times per winter. I switched to LED they were about 200 bucks but I haven't had a single problem since and they are far brighter than my HID. I still have HID in my high beam but have a bulb or ballast bad again.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Are you gonna run 3ks as fogs? I'm having a hard time deciding on 6ks to match my low beams or go with yellow 3ks

I was thinking more along the lines of 5 or even 4300k. I love white and blue hues mannnn. Yellows depress me when driving, and that's not goood when I take as much pride in my truck as I do lol

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

The yellow is functional it actually works in the fog

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Had HID's for about 2 years and if u live in cold areas eventually they start to flicker . Had all the anti flicker relays .Switched to LED's this year same brightness with less then half the power and very impressed these bad boys came with big cooling fans on them. The only bad thing u need to watch is they don't put off any heat so ice will not melt away like HID's or normal bulbs but not a big deal.well worth it

Yeah I have ran into the problem of a non fire occasionally in the winter. At around 10 degrees one didn't fire, to fix this I just turned my headlights completely off, then turned em back on and it caught. I check everytime before I leave the house if they've fired cause cops round here, douches, and a ticket for a 18 year old.. Gosh... Help me.

5k bulbs are nice. Anything higher and stupid blue light which doesn't help you see anything

So you see a blue tint to the 6k as well????? My dad swears I'm blind and that there's no blue to my 6k, but I see it. Whole reason I bought them cause I wanted that blue hue. and want the greater light output of the 5k for my high beams.

How many of you are running them in the proper housings so you don't blind everyone else on the road?

As in a projector housing..? Not me. ;)

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

5k bulbs are nice. Anything higher and stupid blue light which doesn't help you see anything

i prefer a 7-8k bulb. I can see just fine. I personally hate "stupid yellow light" which is why i run what i do. It isn't very "blue" at all. You don't start getting real blue till 10-12k.

Exactly, yellows are dreary as crap. No detail to the ground here in AR cause it's browns and yellows and greens basically. But a friend runs 12k and it's really dark blue. I have trouble seeing when driving it. 8k is about my max though.

I live in Minnesota and the weather is obviously cold here and I lose a ballast or bulb about two maybe three times per winter. I switched to LED they were about 200 bucks but I haven't had a single problem since and they are far brighter than my HID. I still have HID in my high beam but have a bulb or ballast bad again.

What brand are you running? And how much brighter would you say they are?

The yellow is functional it actually works in the fog

So you would prefer something like a 3k fog over a 4300k, 5k, or 6k? I do notice though, when my low beams were yellow, they cut through fog way better than my highs did. But I mean that's more than likely got something to do with the high and low beam factor playing in there.

No t has to do with spectrum and the way light works. That's why the yellow works better.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

3k is generally meant fog lights. You know, when there is fog on the road, and those bulbs that are closer to the ground that you can turn on manually. Those are what you would want the 3k for. 4300K is the purest white light, and you don't lose any lumens due to color. Go further past that and you start to loose lumens. I've had 8k and 6k. I like 6K better personally because they were a hair brighter.

Yes 55W bulbs have a shorter lifespan and have a lower color value than their 35W counter part, but they don't "change" over their lifespan that much. As long as you have quality bulbs. The flipside is that you do have lot more light output. A great site to go to for HID bulbs is The Retrofit Source. Their shit is on par

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived