Second Skin Audio

New box, over double the port area, sounds the same :/

RooTxBeeR

I knew about that for a long time. A 15 can fit in 3.0cuft to 5.0cuft according to that link, so I am in what they say. As well, that is just, a guideline. That does not state, this is a must for every environment and situation.

Well common sense would tell anyone the every situation, every product, every install, and every environment is different.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I knew about that for a long time. A 15 can fit in 3.0cuft to 5.0cuft according to that link, so I am in what they say. As well, that is just, a guideline. That does not state, this is a must for every environment and situation.

Well common sense would tell anyone the every situation, every product, every install, and every environment is different.

Was my point lol. But most actually don't have common sense. Because so many think differently lol, some forum sections on this site are dead proof of that hahahaha

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Was my point lol. But most actually don't have common sense. Because so many think differently lol, some forum sections on this site are dead proof of that hahahaha

Agreed

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I am definitely going to retune. I just don't understand, how with every variable being 100% the same, except port area. There is absolutely no difference in loudness. That's what really puzzles me. The sub in both cases, barely moved at all.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Maybe I should stop trying to remember things, they always come out wrong lmao. Some where asking on current box specs, which again, I was far off lmao. Box size is 4.0cuft, tuning is at 33Cuft, and port area is 63sqin of port. Do we really need more port area?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If tuning is the same between the old box and new box, size is the same, and power is the same, and the only difference is port area (which larger port area keeps port velocity down) then I can understand exactly why you don't see a difference in output in the two boxes, and why you're unsatisfied with the output. You had gain set to -0dB. Which is pushing almost nothing at all. Stiff sub or not, you aren't giving that sub rated, or even half with gain set at -0dB. So there's no power to push the sub or move air, whether it's three 4" aeroports or a single slot port with 63in^sq.

So, sorry to continue to beat a dead horse, but make that amp push the sub. Start at -5dB to get it loose, then go up to -10dB when you feel the sub is good and broken in.

What amp are u running you mention an m4 but said u returned it

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

-Is the subwoofers actually wired to 1 ohm?

-subwoofers moving isn't a indicator of loudness at all.

-Why did you tune with the subwoofer level at 0? Turn it up to 15 and reset the gain. => profit (i'm not a fan of the DD-1, but if you use it, use the -7.5dB track, it makes more sense then the 0db track)

-The amount of port area is not your problem (at the moment).

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

That's what I was wondering if that sub isn't moving its not getting enough power. That beast is 2500 watts and that's way underrated can probably handle 3500 rms

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived