Sonic Electronix

New build has very low output

ive read all posts and u said it works right when you plug in the phone directly i think your problem lies in the signal from the hu to the amp. so i think it is either your rca cables or your head unit. keep in mind if this is where the problem is you will still need to correctly set the gain with a dd1 or an o-scope to get a distortion free signal and to be able to get the most out of your set-up AFTER you remedy the issue. heres what i would do

step 1

use voltmeter/ohm meter to check impedance at the amp. simply touch the leads to the speker wire going in to the amp (with everything off) it should read 1 ohm if not then the subs are wired wrong

step 2

check all connections. power, ground, speaker wire, remote and rca

step 3

try another set of rcas

step 4

get a new head unit 7 years old is really obselete

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Just finished my new build (Sundown NS1, FI sp4's) with all the excitement of firing this bad boy up, all i can say is what a let down! Old setup was 1000w rockford amp powering 4 comp cvr12's. With all setting in head unit the same (eq, sub levels, ect) new system bass output is minimal subs are barely moving. Only way i can get more output is changing eq setting and upping bass levels at head unit but if i just hook my phone directly to the amp and put a 35 hz tone to the amp the subs come to life. Does any of this make sense?

Any difference in output going from FM to CD to aux?

The headunit has "source level adjustment" or SLA which will boost or decrease output voltage when the selected input source is used. It could be set too low.

Subwoofer Level on the head unit can go from like -25 to +6 so make sure it's not set too low.

Crossover settings could also be of issue I suppose, you want either the amp or headunit wide open, not matching xover settings on both or else the slopes over lap.

Uh... good luck thats all I can think of if you're certain you're wired down.

Thanks for posting what the problem was ,always interested in what causes weird problems in car audio.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Yea funny thing is, it was the last thing i checked! The entire system has been replaced troubleshooting this issue. Just started probing around with my dmm and noticed one of the legs were dead on the pac so i opened it up and there it was!

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

Why do you need a LOC if you're using an aftermaket head unit with RCAs ? I don't get it.

I'm happy you found what the problem was.

How do you like your system now ?

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

OP, I don't think the quality of the LC1 is to blame, as there have been many people who use them daily without issue. That's not to say bad ones don't get past quality control, but to generalize to all of them is a little extreme to me.

But kudos to you for finding the issue. I don't think you ever mentioned having that in-line with your RCAs before, otherwise I feel someone may have suggested to take it out and test.

Why do you need a LOC if you're using an aftermaket head unit with RCAs ? I don't get it.

The LC1 is a gain knob, not an LOC. Unless he mentioned using a LOC somewhere else...

A PAC-LC1 is not a line out converter, it's a gain level control knob for adjusting the level to the sub amp on the fly.

Edit-I see the answer was already given ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

To be honest, I dont! Before i get beat up for saying that yea i put a 30-40hz test tone though the system its a beast! BUT play some music, its embarrassing. I may have 10 songs in my arsenal that i like and sound good. Its really hard to explain.

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

Archived